[visionlist] Low cost photometer/colorimeter

Farid Kandil f.kandil at uke.de
Sat Mar 25 03:39:46 -05 2017

Dear All,

Mark Georgeson asked about the code for Matlab.
That indeed would be a great thing to achieve; best from inside
Psychophysics Toolbox.
(However, I may be not the best candidate for programming it  since I
use a combination of C programs with OpenGL and Mathematica)

In fact, I use a command-line program (CLP) called Argyll
(http://www.argyllcms.com/), which I found through the Ubuntu help pages.
It worked with our old Spyder 2, and now works with our Spyder 4 elite,
but was said to have some trouble with the Spyder 3.
As a CLP, it comes with a 100+ small commands under the hood. Most of
which dedicated to the colour issues, as one would expect from
a colour meter, and only a few for the luminance stuff directly.

It is available for all three systems: Linux, Mac and Windows.
And since it is a command line program, it can be integrated into and
accessed from Matlab.
Or at least I am told that with "! CommandLineCommand foo &" you can do so.
(As I said, I am not a Matlab pro).

Hence I would greatly appreciate if someone else does it and make this
available.
I would be highly interested !!

For those C-afficionados amongst us:
With ...

|#include<stdlib.h>intstatus =system("COMMAND_LINE_COMMAND foo");|

the code would then also be convertible into your (and my) C-Programs.

So, we can start from both sides, Matlab and C !!!

Cheers,
farid

On 23.03.2017 18:55, McCourt, Mark wrote:
> Right, invariant with distance provided that the source or surface in question completely fills the aperture of the photometer.

Dr. Farid I. Kandil
Wiss. Mitarbeiter
Dipl.-Psychologe

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE)
Institut für Computational Neuroscience

Martinistraße 52
20246 Hamburg

Geb. W36 / Raum 104

Tel +49 (0)40 7410-57166
Lab +49 (0)40 7410-59828
Fax +49 (0)40 7410-54882

Email f.kandil at uke.de

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg | www.uke.de
Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Göke (Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus, Joachim Prölß, Rainer Schoppik