[visionlist] Postdoc position in Medical Image Perception at U. Pittsburgh

Wolfe, Jeremy M.,Ph.D. JWOLFE at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed Mar 29 08:05:07 -05 2017

My colleague, Bob Nishikawa, is looking for a postdoc to work on an NIH medical image perception grant that he and I have together. Details below and/or feel free to drop me a note to discuss.
Jeremy Wolfe, jwolfe at partners.org<mailto:jwolfe at partners.org>

Post-Doc Position
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our group of physicists, radiologists, engineers, and computer scientists conducting research in medical imaging.  The position is support by an NIH grant to study radiologists’ visual search patterns when reading breast tomosynthesis images, in collaboration with Jeremy Wolfe at the Women’s and Brigham Hospital.
We are looking for a post-doc with expertise in at least one of the following:
- breast imaging
- observer studies
- quantitative image analysis
- eye tracking
Candidates should have a Ph.D. in physics, engineering, perception or an allied science; be an independent thinker with an affinity for research, and have good communication skills.
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from under-represented groups.
Interested persons should send their CV, a cover letter stating research interests and career goals, and names and contact information of three references to:
Robert Nishikawa, Ph.D.
nishikawarm at upmc.edu<mailto:nishikawarm at upmc.edu>
Facts about the University of Pittsburgh
4th in Best Places to Work in Academia (The Scientist, 2013)
5th in HHS funding (2016)
Facts about Pittsburgh
one of 15 dynamic cities for 2016 (Worth Magazine<http://www.worth.com/destinations-2016/>)
- 2016 Best Places to Live (Men’s Journal)
- one of the most affordable places to live in the U.S (US News<http://realestate.usnews.com/real-estate/slideshows/the-20-best-affordable-places-to-live-in-the-us/>)
- #1 food city for 2015 (Zagat)
- 3rd most affordable city for music lovers (Redfin<https://www.redfin.com/blog/2016/03/most-affordable-cities-for-music-lovers.html>)
- among the cities that give the most bang for your buck (Forbes.com<http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=http%3A//www.forbes.com/pictures/feki45eheke/pittsburgh-pennsylvania/%23686a768e8438&refURL=&referrer=>)
- 8th on list of most hipster U.S. cities (Infogroup<http://www.infogroup.com/defining-the-hippest-us-cities>)
- third best U.S. city for stretching a dollar (CareerCast.com<http://www.successfulmeetings.com/Strategy/SM-Top-10/Top-10-Cities-for-Stretching-a-Dollar/>)
- top 10 cities where techies should consider moving (Huffington Post)
- 5th best city for an active lifestyle (WallHub<https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-worst-cities-for-an-active-lifestyle/8817/>)
- 7th Friendliest City in America, (Travel + Leisure)
- 3rd most secure large city in the US<http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/farmers-insurance-study-ranks-the-most-secure-large-cities-in-the-us-213139531.html> (Farmers Insurance)
- 0 steel mills and the most bridges, more trees/sq. mile, more park per capita in the US
- www.fitt.co/pittsburgh/pittsburgh-best-city<http://www.fitt.co/pittsburgh/pittsburgh-best-city> to read more reasons to move to Pittsburgh
Jeremy M Wolfe, PhD
Professor of Ophthalmology & Radiology,
Harvard Medical School

Visual Attention Lab
Department of Surgery
Brigham & Women's Hospital
64 Sidney St. Suite. 170
Cambridge, MA  02139-4170

Phone:  617-768-8818
Fax:  617-768-8816

Best email: jwolfe at partners.org<mailto:jwolfe at partners.org>
Backup: jeremywolfe0131 at gmail.com<mailto:jeremywolfe0131 at gmail.com>

Editor: Cognitive Research: Principles and Implications (CRPI)
CRPI is the new open access, peer-reviewed journal of the Psychonomics Society
Do you do "use-inspired, basic research" in Cognition? That is what we publish.
http://www.cognitiveresearchjournal.springeropen.com/

dispose of the e-mail.