[visionlist] ECVP 2017 in Berlin: Early bird / Party & Night of Light / Child care / Tutorials

Martin Rolfs martin.rolfs at hu-berlin.de
Mon May 15 14:46:44 -05 2017

Dear friends and colleagues,

We are happy to inform you that we have just extended the early bird
registration period for the *40th European Conference on Visual
Perception – ECVP 2017*, taking place in Berlin | Germany, 27–31 August
2017.

*The extended deadline for early-bird registration is Saturday, 29 May
2017.*

You find the registration form here: http://www.ecvp.org/
2017/registration.html

*Here is some more news:*

1. Record number of abstracts

Abstract submission is now closed. We have received a record number of
abstracts (>950). The scientific committee is currently busy reviewing them
and creating the conference program.

If you have submitted an abstract, be sure to register for the conference
and pay your registration fees.

*Note: It has been brought to our attention that paying the registration
fee before the abstract is accepted can be problematic for some
participants if funding is contingent on an active contribution to the
conference (i.e., a poster or talk presentation). Be assured that in the
event that your abstract is not accepted for presentation, your
registration fee can be fully refunded.*

2. Contribute to The Night of Light!

At ECVP 2017 in Berlin, the Conference dinner will be a party at one of
Berlin's most original venues, the Kulturbrauerei. It is free of charge to
every registered ECVP participant. The party will also feature the Night of
Light, a place to exhibit your most stunning vision demos (formerly known
as 'Illusoriamente', 'Show time', 'Illusion night', 'Illusions parade', and
'The Illusion's Night'). If you would like to contribute a demo or an
installation, please announce your interest in participation by *Monday, 29
May 2017* here:

http://www.ecvp.org/2017/night-of-light.html

3. Kids welcome!

We will be offering child care during ECVP 2017, free of charge. If you
would like to use this service during the conference, please sign up here
 by *Monday, 12 June 2017*:

http://www.ecvp.org/2017/kids-welcome.html

4. Tutorials — some places still available!

Some of the pre-conference tutorials still have spots available. Sign up
here:

http://www.ecvp.org/2017/tutorials.html.

See you all in Berlin!

Guido Hesselmann,