[visionlist] Postdoc position studying adaptation after vision loss

Visscher, Kristina M kmv at uab.edu
Tue May 16 14:31:22 -05 2017

A postdoctoral scholar position is available to work on a project using functional and structural MRI to assess how connectivity and structure of visual areas are altered following loss of central vision and increased use of peripheral vision in the Visscher lab at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (https://labs.uab.edu/visscher/).  This project is part of the NIH-funded Human Connectome Project, Connectomes in Human Diseases program.
Applicants must be motivated and have prior experience with programming and imaging data analysis. Prior work in vision, psychophysics, attention, computational methods, and/or eye tracking is a plus.  Please send a cover letter detailing your interests and fit with the lab, CV, and contact information for 3 references by email to Kristina Visscher kmv at uab.edu<mailto:kmv at uab.edu>.
UAB consistently ranks as one of the top locations among US universities for training postdoctoral scholars.  Located in Birmingham, Alabama, a metro area of over a million people, where access to technical resources and a collaborative, supportive environment combine to make a strong environment for postdoctoral work, and a very affordable cost of living and vibrant city makes life on a postdoc salary comfortable.  You will have access to  resources and collaborative opportunities from our Civitan International Neuroimaging Lab including our 3T Siemens Prisma scanner, the UAB Center for Low Vision Rehabilitation, the Comprehensive Neuroscience Center, the Alabama Advanced Imaging Consortium, and Auburn University’s 7T MRI machine, among other resources.  More information about these resources are at https://labs.uab.edu/visscher/resources.
I will be at this year's VSS meeting, and would love to set up a time to discuss the opportunity with interested applicants while there.

Kristina Visscher, Ph.D.
UAB Department of Neurobiology
kmv at uab.edu<mailto:kmv at uab.edu> | http://labs.uab.edu/visscher/​