[visionlist] Envision Research Institute: Call for Mentors

Laura Walker Laura.Walker at envisionus.com
Fri May 19 14:54:33 -05 2017

Dear Colleagues,

The Envision Research Institute (ERI) is currently seeking established researchers interested in mentoring postdoctoral fellows in research related to blindness and visual impairment (BVI). Each year, two or more fellows are recruited to the program, and typically split their time between their mentor's institution and ERI. Envision, Inc. provides an incredibly rich environment for the study of visual impairments through our employment arm, early childhood development center, low vision clinic and many outreach programs that serve BVI individuals through the lifespan. Research topics may be related to sensory perception, human factors, computer science, engineering, psychology, policy and many other disciplines. Our goal is to remove functional barriers for those who are blind or visually impaired.

To learn more about how your research program may be enriched by application to BVI populations, please visit:

ERI Video Overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRu5ovembNY

ERI Website:
http://research.envisionus.com/

Fellowship Program:
http://research.envisionus.com/Fellowship-Program

To discuss becoming a mentor in this program, please contact me as soon as possible. We will be releasing our call for fellows next month.

Best regards,
Laura Walker

Laura Walker, Ph.D.
Executive Director - Envision Research Institute
Envision, Inc.
610 N. Main St.
Wichita, Kansas 67203
O: 316-440-1506
F: 316-440-1540
www.envisionus.com/research<http://www.envisionus.com/research>

NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential under HIPAA and other laws. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately with a copy to hipaa.compliance at envisionus.com<mailto:hipaa.compliance at envisionus.com> and destroy this message. Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission or misdirected. Your use of email to communicate protected health information to us indicates that you acknowledge and accept the possible risks associated with such communication. Please consider communicating any sensitive information by telephone, fax or mail. If you do not wish to have your information sent by email, please contact the sender immediately.