[visionlist] ECEM 2017 - Start of Registration and Accommodation Information

mhofmann mhofmann at uni-wuppertal.de
Tue May 30 09:30:43 -05 2017

The European Conference on Eye Movements is the largest scientific meeting in the field of research on eye movements and the largest forum for researchers using eye movements to study issues in neuroscience, psychology and many fields of application.

This year’s meeting will take place from August 20 to 24 in Wuppertal, Germany. We expect about 600 participants, see the conference website for detailed information:

http://ecem2017.uni-wuppertal.de <http://ecem2017.uni-wuppertal.de/>

Accommodation

We have secured a large number of hotel rooms for the conference. Terms differ, but most orders will be valid until mid or late July. Please refer to the information on our website. It is essential that you use the correct booking code for each hotel. Otherwise, hotels may appear to be booked out, while, in fact, they are pre-reserved for you.

http://ecem2017.uni-wuppertal.de/accomodation.html

Registration

To register for the conference, please follow the instructions in the ConfTool-system:

https://www.conftool.pro/ecem2017/ <https://www.conftool.pro/ecem2017/>
Go To:  Overview > Register as participant

You will notice that that there is a mandatory split of cost between (tax free) conference contributions and VAT-taxable catering cost. This was done to be in compliance with the German federal tax code, there is no need for any action on your part.  In addition to the main conference, you can also register for the following activities:

User group meetings: If you check the box, you can chose between free user meetings offered on August 22, 17.00 – 19.00 CET by SR Research, SMI and Tobii.

Conference Dinner: Our evening gathering will take place at the historic city hall in Elberfeld, not far away from campus. During the dinner there will be a presentation by a magician (also a psychologist), who will demonstrate stunning phenomena of human (in)attention, followed an in vogue swing band plus DJ.  Note that the social evening is very moderately priced so that young participants will have a chance to attend and mingle with fellow researchers. We recommend booking now, as we can’t guarantee on site ticket availability.

Pre-Conference workshops:  The workshops were organized on the basis of community input. We expect them to fill up quickly and recommend immediate booking. Six of the seven workshops are planned for six hours on August 19, while one will take nine hours including the morning of August 20. Fees for the workshops are again quite moderate, accounting for expenses and catering.

We are looking forward to seeing you this summer. If you have any question or need help in any respect, please contact us at ecem2017 at uni-wuppertal.de.

Ralph Radach, Heiner Deubel and your team of ECEM 2017 organizers.