[visionlist] WBICV2017 - Submission deadline extended to June 25

George Azzopardi geazzo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 08:28:25 -05 2017

Dear All,

Submission deadline has been extended to June 25.

We are pleased to announce the First International Workshop on Brain-Inspired Computer Vision (WBICV2017) <http://wbicv2017.ai.edu.mt/>, which we will hold as part of the conference ICIAP2017 <http://www.iciap2017.com/>, 11-12 September, Catania, Sicily (Italy).

Papers are solicited in, but not limited to, the following TOPICS:
 - Mathematical models of visual perception
 - Brain-inspired algorithms
 - Learning: Deep learning, recurrent networks, differentiable neural computers, sparse coding.
 - The appearance of neuronal properties: sparsity and selectivity
 - Circuitry: hierarchical representations and connections between layers.
 - Selecting where to look: saliency, attention and active vision.
 - Hierarchy of visual cortex areas
 - Feedforward, feedback and inhibitory mechanisms
 - Applications: object recognition, object tracking, medical image analysis, contour detection and segmentation

Paper format
 - Please use the template of lecture notes in computer science (LNCS):  http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0 <http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0>
 - Max number of pages is 10 + 1 page containing only references

Important Dates
 - Paper submission deadline: June 1, 2017
 - Paper notification: June 30, 2017
 - Camera ready paper submission: July 7, 2017
 - Author registration: July 7, 2017
 - Workshop: 11 or 12 September 2017

Invited Keynote Speakers
 - There will be two keynote talks by:
	- Prof. Nicolai Petkov. University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
	- Prof. John Tsotsos. University of Toronto, Canada.

Sincerely yours,

George Azzopardi (University of Malta): george.azzopardi at um.edu.mt <mailto:george.azzopardi at um.edu.mt>
Laura Fernandez Robles (University of Leon, Spain): l.fernandez at unileon.es <mailto:l.fernandez at unileon.es>
Antonio Rodriguez Sanchez (University of Innsbruck, Austria): Antonio.Rodriguez-Sanchez at uibk.ac.at <mailto:Antonio.Rodriguez-Sanchez at uibk.ac.at>