[visionlist] Job posting: Vision Scientist position at Magic Leap
grufo at magicleap.com
Tue Jul 11 11:03:03 -04 2017
Dear Vision Science community,
Magic Leap is looking for human vision scientists to join the team.
The Quantified Experience (QX) team is seeking a human vision scientist
with extensive prior interdisciplinary scientific experience. The position
involves responsibility for end-to-end studies with human participants,
including experimental design, execution, data analysis, and reporting.
Candidates must be able to creatively apply fundamental knowledge from
human vision science.
We inform leadership and other teams on perceptual best practices and work
closely with other departments such Systems, Optical Engineering, Health
Care, Human Factors and UX/UI teams. We are looking for candidates who are
creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on
- Conduct research into human visual perception to inform product
- Collaborate with other Magic Leap teams to explore perceptual factors,
define engineering and design specifications, and make recommendations to
improve visual perception in mixed reality.
- Take a research question from hypothesis to delivery using scientific
methods. Communicate the results to stakeholders clearly and in a timely
- Extensive experience with psychophysical research methods
- Profound knowledge of at least one of the following programming
languages: Matlab, C/++, Python
- Experience with data analysis methods and statistical packages such as
- Experience with modeling human visual perception processes
- Experience with Unity or OpenGL is a plus
- Experience with Matlab Psychtoolbox is a plus
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in latest developments in vision research and curiosity
around the future of computing and experience platforms
Ph.D. and/or post-doctoral experience in human vision science and/or
related field with first author journal publications in one or more of the
following or related research areas: stereopsis, color vision, visual
acuity, low-level visual processing, or multimodal information processing.
If you are interested in this position please reach out to our team and
apply online via: https://www.magicleap.com/#/job-post/741415
Björn Vlaskamp, team lead (bvlaskamp[at]magicleap.com)
Gizem Kucukoglu, research scientist (grufo[at]magicleap.com)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist