[visionlist] Postdoc position in development of GABAergic inhibition in visual cortex

Cardin, Jessica jess.cardin at yale.edu
Mon Jul 17 11:08:10 -05 2017

A joint position for a highly motivated postdoctoral associate is available in the laboratories of Dr. Michael Higley and Dr. Jessica Cardin, Department of Neuroscience at the Yale School of Medicine.  This NIH-funded project will combine electrophysiological and optical methods, including 2-photon imaging and optogenetics, to investigate the functional development of inhibitory GABAergic circuits in the mouse neocortex.  Our groups have considerable expertise applying these approaches in both acute brain slices and awake, head-fixed animals.  We are particularly interested in the relationship between GABAergic signaling and models of neuropsychiatric disorders.
We offer committed mentorship and an outstanding environment for carrying out research that bridges the gaps between cellular and systems neuroscience.  Recent publications include: Science 2013, 340:759; Neuron 2015, 86:740; Cell Reports 2016, 14:2538.  The successful applicant will have completed a recent PhD in neuroscience or a related field and should have experience with either imaging or electrophysiology.  To apply, please send a current c.v. to jess.cardin at yale.edu<mailto:jess.cardin at yale.edu> or m.higley at yale.edu<mailto:m.higley at yale.edu>.
Additional salary information:  Salary will follow NIH guidelines for postdoctoral associates.
About Yale:  The Yale Neuroscience community supports substantial collaborative research efforts and offers a wide range of resources, as well as excellent training and career development opportunities.