[visionlist] CFP: Image Quality and System Performance XV
Stuart.Perry at uts.edu.au
Sun Aug 6 18:06:21 -04 2017
Call for Papers
Image Quality and System Performance XV
Conference Keywords: Image Quality, System Performance, Human Visual Perception, Image Processing, Subjective and Objective Quality Assessment
We live in a visual world. The perceived quality of images is of crucial importance in industrial, medical, and entertainment application environments. Developments in camera sensors, image processing, 3D imaging, display technology, and digital printing are enabling new or enhanced possibilities for creating and conveying visual content that informs or entertains. Wireless networks and mobile devices expand the ways to share imagery and autonomous vehicles bring image processing into new aspects of society.
The power of imaging rests directly on the visual quality of the images and the performance of the systems that produce them. As the images are generally intended to be viewed by humans, a deep understanding of human visual perception is key to the effective assessment of image quality.
This conference brings together engineers and scientists from industry and academia who strive to understand what makes a high-quality image, and how to specify the requirements and assess the performance of modern imaging systems. It focuses on objective and subjective methods for evaluating the perceptual quality of images, and includes applications throughout the imaging chain from image capture, through processing, to output, printed or displayed, video or still, 2D or 3D, virtual, mixed or augmented reality, LDR or HDR.
* Image quality attributes, characterization, and metrics
* Perceptual image quality understanding
* Test image databases with perceptual reference data
* Image preference, saliency, scene dependency
* Image quality survey design (print, web-based, mobile)
* Machine learning visual quality methods (e.g., CNN)
* No-reference and multi-modal (audio and video) metrics
* Quality of experience for immersive media technologies (VR, AR, 360° video)
* Task-oriented image quality evaluation (e.g., medical, imaging, automotive vision, remote sensing)
* Imaging system simulation and modeling
* Camera ISP tuning and quality trade-offs
* Autonomous vehicle vision system performance
* Image noise analysis and color error propagation
* Gamut size, color rendering, ICC profile evaluation
* Methods for competitive bench marking, quality assurance
* Multi-media and cross-media system evaluations
Standards for image quality and system performance
* Standards for image and video quality
* Mobile, automotive, and video imaging performance
* Measurement of print and display microstructure (edges, color, resolution, distortion, etc.)
* Best Paper Award
* Best Student Paper Award
Special Topic Session
Panel on Image Quality and System Performance
Proposed Joint Sessions
* Mobile and Digital Camera Image Quality Evaluation with the Photography, Mobile, and Immersive Imaging Conference
* Automotive Image Quality with the Autonomous Vehicles and Machines Conference
* Image Capture with the Photography, Mobile, and Immersive Imaging Conference
* Imaging and Astronomy with the Color Imaging: Displaying, Processing, Hardcopy, and Applications Conference
Ways to Submit
Please read the instructions carefully. Note: This conference DOES NOT accept submissions designated for presentation-only.
1. Presentation at the conference and publication in the conference proceedings. This is the most common option, and if accepted may be assigned either an oral or interactive (poster) presentation. Submit a 500-word structured abstract with optional figures using the symposium template
Abstract Submission Deadline
The deadline for the submission of structured abstracts is the 15 August 2017.
Final Manuscript Deadline
The final manuscript is due 20 November 2017 for onsite proceedings.
Critical Dates and Author Information
Refer to http://bit.ly/ForEI2018Authors
Faculty of Engineering and IT, School of Electrical and Data Engineering
University of Technology Sydney
T. +61 (02) 9514 7605
PO Box 123 Broadway NSW 2007 Australia
UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.
Think. Green. Do.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist