[visionlist] AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017 - call for project proposals

Daniel Borek dtborek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 16:26:43 -05 2017

AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017
November 18-19, 2017
University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland

*— The call for proposals extended to 1st September 2017 — *

On the weekend of 18-19th November 2017, the first edition of *AoN
Brainhack* *Warsaw* will take place. During this two-day event dedicated to
students and PhD students, we will work in teams on neuroscience-related
projects. The aim of the event is to meet new, enthusiastic researchers,
make new friendships in academia, learn, share the knowledge on data mining
and brain research, but also promote open science in the spirit of the
whole Brainhack community (Craddock et al., 2016).

The venue and the exemplary projects are presented on our website:
*https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/
<https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/>*

Please note this Brainhack is a satellite event for the interdisciplinary
Aspects of Neuroscience conference which will take place on 24-26th
November 2017 in Warsaw. Participation in the conference is not mandatory
but we encourage to also consider this.

Important deadlines:

Deadline for project proposals:                      September 1st, 2017
Announcement of projects:                            September 15th, 2017

Participant registration starts:                        September 1st, 2017
Deadline for participant registration:              November 1st, 2017

At the moment, the *call for project proposals* is open. The proposals can
include various forms of a group activity, e.g., data analysis, app
development, a two-day discussion club, developing a new software etc. The
organizers will provide a few openly available datasets to the project
authors, but developing projects using private datasets is also welcome.

*Please send the project proposals and all the related questions to the
mailing address: **brainhackwarsaw at gmail.com <brainhackwarsaw at gmail.com>*

Also, please team up with us! Join our channel #brainhack-warsaw-2017
on Brainhack
Slack project (https://brainhack-slack-invite.herokuapp.com) for the
updates, and share your own ideas with us!
We are looking forward to working with you at the AoN Brainhack Warsaw!

*The AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017 team:*

Natalia Bielczyk, MSc, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands (natalia.bielczyk at gmail.com)

Krzysztof Bielski, MSc, Faculty of Psychology, University of Warsaw,
Warsaw, Poland

Michał Bola, PhD, Laboratory of Brain Imaging, Nencki Institute of
Experimental Biology, Warsaw, Poland

Daniel Borek, MSc, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Warsaw,
Poland, (dtborek at g <norbert.kopco at upjs.sk>mail.com)

Beata Goźlińska, BSc, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw, Warsaw,
Poland