[visionlist] [jobs] Post doc in Event-Driven Perception for Humanoid Robots at the iCub Facility (IIT, Italy)

Chiara Bartolozzi Chiara.Bartolozzi at iit.it
Thu Oct 12 05:17:39 -05 2017

We are seeking candidates for one postdoctoral position in the Event-Driven Perception for Robotics Research Line (EDPR) at iCub Facility under the supervision of Chiara Bartolozzi (https://www.iit.it/people/chiara-bartolozzi) at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT).

EDPR aims to induce a paradigm shift in robotics, leveraging on the emerging concept of "event-driven" sensing and processing, which captures the changing dynamics of the external world with unprecedented detail and, similarly to neural coding, uses time to encode sensory information.

The successful candidate will use the event-driven visual (event cameras) and tactile sensors present on the event-driven iCub humanoid robot, and will develop models and architectures capable of interpreting and learning from the spatio-temporal information, to extract relevant information and plan appropriate behavior. In particular, the candidate will be in a unique position to exploit recent advances in machine learning for visual perception, in combination with novel biologically inspired sensors and the accompanying biological-grounded learning models.

We are looking for highly motivated people, with a passion to work in robotics and the skills to develop algorithms and models to make a robot interact smoothly and in real time with a highly-dynamic environment. We are looking for an inquisitive mind with the curiosity to use the novel brain-inspired challenging technology, which requires rethinking sensory processing, active perception and control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS-7xYRYSLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RKzUaqGhE4&feature=youtu.be

for details check https://goo.gl/jsvPdv and write to chiara.bartolozzi at iit.it<mailto:chiara.bartolozzi at iit.it>

The deadline for applications is November 12th, 2017.