[visionlist] Position in Adaptive Optics Control at UC Berkeley

Steven Cholewiak steven.cholewiak at berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 27 12:26:03 -05 2017

Could you please distribute this job posting from Professors Austin Roorda
and Marty Banks:

----------------------------------

*Position in Adaptive Optics Control at UC Berkeley*

We have an opening for someone with experience in adaptive optics control
systems.

The individual will work with a multidisciplinary team at UC Berkeley
(Martin S. Banks, Austin Roorda, Ren Ng) and Durham University (Gordon
Love) to develop a unique set of adaptive optics instruments that measure
properties of human vision including (i) factors that drive accommodation,
or focusing of the eye and (ii) factors that govern our perception of
depth.

The first project involves a conventional ophthalmic adaptive optics system
to accurately control a focusing element of the eye. With the right
experience, this could be a short-term project (i.e. 6 months). The second
project is longer term and involves the development of a more advanced AO
system for the eye capable of independently controlling different temporal
dynamics of the eye. This second project has a lot of scope for innovation
and room for expansion.

If you are qualified and interested, please email and include your CV to
Austin Roorda (aroorda at berkeley.edu) or Marty Banks (martybanks at berkeley.edu
).