[visionlist] Late Bird call for the AoN Brainhack Warsaw [17-19th November 2017]

Daniel Borek dtborek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 13:38:26 -05 2017

*AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017*

*November 17-19, 2017*

*University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland*

*— The blitz Late Bird registration open until 7th November 2017 —*

On the weekend of *17-19th November 2017*, the first edition of AoN
Brainhack Warsaw will take place. During this three-day event dedicated to
students and PhD students, we will work in teams on* neuroscience-related
projects*.

The aim of the event is to meet new, enthusiastic researchers, make new
friendships in academia, learn, share the knowledge on data mining and
brain research, but also promote open science in the spirit of the whole
Brainhack community (
<https://gigascience.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13742-016-0121-x>
Craddock et al., 2016)
<https://gigascience.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13742-016-0121-x>.
Attendees of various backgrounds are welcome to join!

At the moment we are opening the Late Bird registration for project
participants, which closes on 7th November 2017. Some of the projects got
fully booked already and since they have limitations in terms of the number
of participants, these projects have been closed for this round of
registration. Please look at the list of the currently available  projects
:

   - Functional connectivity research: can we find a common ground?
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#connectivity>
   - Development of video game for studying joint action dynamics
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#game>
   - Hypothesis­-driven white matter tractography from T1­-weighted MRI
   images <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#whitematter>
   - One channel EEG sleep staging with open source and open hardware
   NeuroOn sleep mask <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#neuroon>
   - Building and using the “FlyPi”: the 3D-printed Neurobiology Lab
   <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#flypi>
   - Unfolding the Subcortex <https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/#subcortex>

*All the applications which we received after the end of Early Bird phase,
will be automatically considered as the Late Bird applications.*

The applications will be reviewed and the notification of acceptance will
be sent to the applicants until 10th October2017. A registration fee of
*30EUR* (or 120PLN) will be requested upon acceptance. The registration fee
will be spent on the catering during the event.

In order to register, please visit our website and learn more about AoN
Brainhack Warsaw!
https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/
<https://brainhackwarsaw.github.io/>

We are looking forward to see you in Warsaw!

*The AoN Brainhack Warsaw 2017 team*