[visionlist] OSA Webinar "Solving the myopia puzzle" December 15th 2017 @10am EST

Brian Vohnsen brian.vohnsen at ucd.ie
Wed Nov 8 15:04:17 -05 2017

We are pleased to announce the 4th of its kind OSA Webinar, hosted by the
Applications of Visual Science Technical Group, "*Solving the myopia puzzle*
" *December 15th 2017 at 10:00am Eastern Time.* The duration of the event
will be 1 hour.

Three leading international experts will give presentations on different
aspects of myopia (nearsightedness), complications associated with high
myopia, the global rise in myopia, and possible ways to slow or delay the
onset of myopia..We welcome everyone from the newcomer to expert to sign-up
for this event. It consists of 3 x 15 min presentations followed by a
questions-and-answers session where you can ask questions in real time to
the presenters online. To register (*free*) please follow this link:

*https://cc.callinfo.com/registration/#/?meeting=1kgd5ce6zz5ae&campaign=1q6ommi9n1dsm
<https://cc.callinfo.com/registration/#/?meeting=1kgd5ce6zz5ae&campaign=1q6ommi9n1dsm>*

The presenters are:

Prof. Christine Wildsoet (University of California, Berkeley, USA)
Prof. Frank Schaeffel (Tübingen University, Germany)
Prof. Donald Mutti (Ohio State University, USA)

They will present work on "Myopia: Lessons from the past & unanswered
questions related to eye growth regulation”, "Understanding myopia using
chick models", and "Delaying myopia onset as an approach in myopia control".

We hope that you will be able to join this online feature from our
Technical Group: Applications of Visual Sciences.

The highly successful webinars on the human eye from the past years can
still be viewed online at our Technical Group website:
*http://www.osa.org/en-us/communities/technical_communities/vc/applications_of_visual_science/
<http://www.osa.org/en-us/communities/technical_communities/vc/applications_of_visual_science/>*.
Also, if you have not signed up to the LinkedIn community of the Technical
Group yet then please feel free to do so from the link on the Technical
Group website.

On behalf of the Applications of Visual Science Technical Group and the
Optical Society of America

Brian Vohnsen
Advanced Optical Imaging Group
School of Physics