[visionlist] Faculty Positions at Pacific University College of Optometry

Tai, Yu-Chi ytai at pacificu.edu
Fri Nov 10 19:17:13 -05 2017

Dear Colleagues,

The Pacific University College of Optometry has multiple open tenure-track faculty positions in the field of Optometry/Vision Science. We are seeking individuals with an OD degree and expertise in contact lenses, binocular vision, or primary care; experience in research or with advanced professional training is desired. Details are below, and inquiries are welcome!

~ Yu-Chi

Pacific University College of Optometry, Forest Grove, OR
SEEKING TENURE-TRACK FACULTY

Pacific University, a prestigious private institution that blends a College of Optometry, College of Health Professions, College of Education, College of Business and College of Arts & Sciences, is located in the Portland metropolitan area one hour from the Cascade Mountains and Pacific Ocean. Optometry, MS and PhD students enjoy a rich educational environment, learning full-scope optometry with state-of-the-art educational, research, and clinical technology.

Pacific University College of Optometry is seeking applicants for tenure-track and extended-term faculty positions for our OD, Applied Vision Science, and Graduate Vision Science programs with expertise in contact lenses, binocular vision, or primary care.

Successful candidates should have an OD degree and be eligible for licensure to practice optometry in the State of Oregon. Preference will be given to applicants with an advanced degree (PhD), residency/fellowship training, and/or advanced professional development. For applicants to our new Applied Vision Science program, fluency in both English and Chinese/Mandarin languages is desired. A commitment to excellence in the expansion of knowledge through vision research, optometric education, and lifelong learning is essential.   (See details here<https://www.pacificu.edu/about-us/offices/human-resources/employment/available-positions/1649-assistant-professor-optometry>)

Candidates should submit a letter of application, a comprehensive curriculum vita, and three references to:

      Marcie Brown
      Manager of Administrative Services
      Pacific University College of Optometry 2043 College Way
      Forest Grove, OR 97116
      marcieb at pacificu.edu<mailto:marcieb at pacificu.edu>

Review of applications will continue until the positions are filled.
www.pacificu.edu/optometry<http://www.pacificu.edu/optometry>
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

Yu-Chi Tai, PhD
Director, Vision Science Graduate Program
Associate Professor & Research scientist
Pacific University College of Optometry
2043 College Way, Forest Grove, OR 97116, USA
503-352-2289; ytai at pacificu.edu<mailto:ytai at pacificu.edu>

The faculty and staff in the College of Optometry strive to inspire our students to think, care, create, and pursue justice in our world.