[visionlist] Optical Scientist Position at Johnson & Johnson Vision (JnJ) in Groningen, The Netherlands

mengchan sun mengchan.sun at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 07:54:07 -05 2017

*Optical Scientist Position at Johnson & Johnson Vision (JnJ) in Groningen,
The Netherlands*

Specifications - (Explanation)
Location- Groningen
Function Type- Research, Development, Innovation, Technical, Laboratory
positions
Science Areas- Natural Sciences, Engineering, Health
Time- 40.0 hours, every week
Education- Doctorate

*Work description:*
Did you complete a MSc / PhD in Optics, Vision Science or Physics, are you
interested in bringing science-based innovations to the market to truly
help the patients we serve, and if you are looking for a challenge in an
international, fast-growing and dynamic environment then you are the
candidate we are looking for!

*Main responsibilities*:

The Optical Scientist is a key addition to the intraocular lens research
and development team. One of the main challenges in this role will be to
apply your knowledge of visual optics to design and/or to optimize IOL
design and assess specific patient groups. Key tasks and responsibilities
include:

   - Participate in the development of new concepts for unique medical
   devices from ideation to market phase
   - Support and participate in design and development of new intraocular
   lenses and new optical metrology for testing intraocular lenses.
   - Develop test methods and validation systems to characterize new and
   existing intraocular lenses.
   - Support requirements development, documentation of design, writing,
   and execution of protocols and reports.
   - Stay current with the status of competitive products, with
   cutting-edge medical device industry and with technology trends to ensure
   innovative product design. Investigate and evaluate existing technologies.
   - You will contribute to multi-disciplinary and international research
   teams and will be responsible for conducting independent research tasks
   with research institutes.
   - demand BSc / MSc / PhD in optics, physics or vision science.
   - Relevant experience in academia and/or industry.
   - Proficient in optical design principles, using Zemax, OSLO or other
   design tools to design and simulate optical systems.
   - Demonstrated research experience and interest in technology
   development.
   - Strong problem-solving skills as well as demonstrated verbal and
   written communication skills.
   - Self-motivated, creative, flexible, positive attitude individual with
   the initiative and drive for timely completion of goals.
   - A true team player, the ability to work in a team environment.

*Employment conditions:*

We are in the business of advancement, both in health solutions and in the
lives and careers of our employees. Our work across the world and in many
areas of healthcare provides a rich environment for our employees explore
career paths, interests and opportunities. We encourage and promote this
growth through training, mentoring, tuition reimbursement, development
programs and more. We strive to provide careers full of challenging and
rewarding work, as well as personal and professional growth.

*Contract type: *Permanent

*Organization*
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JnJ)
https://www.jnjvisioncare.nl/

Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical BV, is
committed to transform vision in the world. We aim to raise awareness of
the importance of sight and eye care and to provide the best choices in
vision correction in the world. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care has been a
forerunner in the development of contact lenses since the 1980s. It brought
the first disposable contact lens onto the market, which in the last 25
years revolutionized vision correction and the life of the lens wearer. Our
products are developed, designed, prepared for manufacturing and taken into
manufacturing all in one location. The organization is divided into 5 core
teams which generally work on a project basis and according to strong
quality guidelines and in an international environment. Thanks to strong
product innovations (such as Tecnis Toric, Tecnis Symfony) and an increased
number of projects, the organization is enjoying healthy growth.

Applications may be submitted to *msun27 at its.jnj.com <msun27 at its.jnj.com>*