[visionlist] Postdoctoral Fellowships at Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute, San Francisco

Preeti Verghese preeti at ski.org
Thu Dec 21 17:43:29 -05 2017

Postdoctoral Fellowships at The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute
The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute announces the opening of an exciting opportunity to apply for postdoctoral fellowships. We have two open positions: one funded by an NEI Institutional Training Grant, and the other funded by a Smith-Kettlewell fellowship.
We are seeking individuals interested in visual processing in normal and clinical populations, with emphasis in one or more of the following areas: visual development, strabismus and amblyopia, eye movements, visual attention, brain plasticity, low-vision/rehabilitation and assistive technology, using approaches such as psychophysics, eye tracking, clinical assessment, computational modeling, EEG, fMRI, computer vision and sensor technologies.
Smith-Kettlewell is a uniquely attractive place to receive postdoctoral training in vision research and related fields. Our program offers the flexibility to design an individualized training plan tailored to achieve each fellow’s specific career goals. We train fellows to become independent scientists, with strong support and encouragement for fellows to propose and pursue their own research in close collaboration and mentorship with one or more of our experienced principal investigators. Many of our fellows who have successfully established their own funded research programs have even been invited to become principal investigators at Smith-Kettlewell with fruitful and fulfilling careers.
The fellowships require a Ph.D., O.D., or M.D. and are normally awarded for two years. Applications from individuals with disabilities or other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged. The NEI Training Grant requires that fellows be US citizens or permanent residents. The Smith-Kettlewell fellowship is open to US Citizens and foreign nationals.

Applications are due January 15, 2018. Details of the program and application procedures can be found at http://www.ski.org/what-does-fellowship-smith-kettlewell-offer<https://www.ski.org/what-does-fellowship-smith-kettlewell-offer>.To apply, please contact one of the mentors<https://www.ski.org/current-mentors> to discuss and develop a research application. If you have further questions, please email Dr. Preeti Verghese  at fellowships at ski.org<mailto:%20fellowships at ski.org>.