[visionlist] SCOTTISH VISION GROUP CONFERENCE 2018

Dhanraj Vishwanath dv10 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 09:26:15 -05 2018

SCOTTISH VISION GROUP CONFERENCE 2018
March 16-18th, 2018

PRELIMINARY REGISTRATION  DEADLINE Jan 15th 2018

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE Feb 15th 2018

The 18th meeting of the Scottish Vision Group will be held from Friday 16th to Sunday 18th March 2018 in the Ballachulish Hotel in the dramatic Glencoe area of the Scottish Highlands (see details below).

We invite all participants to please email us at <svgconference2018 at gmail.com>  to indicate interest in attending SVG 2018. Please note that accommodation is limited so please email us as soon as possible and certainly before January 15th.   We will then send you a link for registration and for specifying accommodation requirements.  Please note that if you plan to give a presentation you do not need to provide an abstract until Feb 15th.

We look forward to seeing you in Glencoe!

Tom Otto, Justin Ales and Dhanraj Vishwanath (organizers)
University of St. Andrews

Further Information:

For more information on the conference venue and the surrounding area, please visit
http://discoverglencoe.scot/plan-glencoe/
http://discoverglencoe.scot/listing/ballachulishhotel/

The Scottish Vision Group holds a 2-day (Friday afternoon - Sunday lunchtime) conference that attracts vision scientists from Scotland, the UK, the continent and beyond. Our aim is to provide an intimate setting for a small group to share scientific ideas and results.

The invited speaker for this year’s conference will be Dr. Mark Ernst (Ulm University). The invited talk is preceded by a round table discussion on the theme “3D perception” which will be led by Dr. Fulvio Domini (Brown University) and Dr. Justin Ales (University of St. Andrews). The round-table discussion and invited talk will be on Friday afternoon. The following days (Saturday and half-day Sunday) will contain a series of talk sessions on various research topics in vision science. There are no poster sessions. The abstracts from the meeting will be published in iPerception.  We usually fit in a short after-lunch hike on Saturday in the area nearby.

The cost of the conference will depend on whether you are staying in a single room or sharing.  The cost for the full conference including delegate fees (based on lodging, breakfast, lunch and dinner, for 2 nights) is expected to be around £200 per person (single room) and £170 per person (sharing a twin room).  This may change slightly based on number of delegates and confirmation of sponsorship.  There are special rates for non-participating attendees (partners, spouses and children) that will not include the delegate fees.  Space is limited so please indicate your interest to attend, and the type of room you would like, as soon as possible!