[visionlist] Visual preference and neuroaesthetics meeting - Liverpool, UK

Marco Bertamini marco.bertamini at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 05:14:51 -05 2018

Visual preference and neuroaesthetics meeting

A one and a half day event on visual preference will take place at the
University of Liverpool on June 11th and 12th. This year we have teamed up
with the IAEA (International association for empirical aesthetics
<http://science-of-aesthetics.org>) and the theme of the first day will be
neuroaesthetics.

Keynote:

Professor Anjan Chatterjee <http://ccn.upenn.edu/chatterjee/>

*"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Beauty"*

Center for Cognitive Neuroscience (CCN) and Department of Neurology
University of Pennsylvania

The Visual Properties Driving Visual Preference (VPDVP) is a yearly meeting
conceived as a round-table discussion, with national and international
attendees.

VPDVP started in 2015 and the 2018 event is therefore the fourth workshop.
The format is such that a group of experts presents their work and debate,
and the number (<40) is kept low so we can sit around a long table. It is
the most important regular meeting in this field in Britain. More
information, including abstracts from past events, is available from the
website:

https://www.bertamini.org/lab/vpdvp.html

These are links to the IAEA and to their journal:

http://science-of-aesthetics.org

http://journals.sagepub.com/home/art

There is no charge to attend, but we have limited spaces, therefore please
contact us by email to register in advance.

M.Bertamini at liverpool.ac.uk