[visionlist] Funding Opportunity from NCI: "Perception and Cognition Research to Inform Cancer Image Interpretation"

Horowitz, Todd (NIH/NCI) [E] todd.horowitz at nih.gov
Wed Feb 7 15:35:46 -05 2018

Dear colleagues

It is my pleasure to announce the re-issue of two funding opportunity announcements (FOAs), both entitled “Perception and Cognition Research to Inform Cancer Image Intepretation”. One FOA is for standard R01 grants (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-18-640.html), and one is for R21 grants, designed to support high risk, high reward studies (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-18-641.html).

Please note that these are re-issues of previous FOAs (PAR-17-124 and -125). Some of you may have seen notices that those prior FOAs were expiring. All NIH FOAs were recently re-written to comply with the new Clinical Trials policies, so older versions had to be expired. The new FOAs are “clinical-trial optional”, so we will accept research proposals whether or not they fit into the new NIH definition of “clinical trial”.

Please check out the text of the announcements, and email me (todd.horowitz at nih.gov) if you have any questions.

thanks
Todd Horowitz