[visionlist] Call for papers - MathPsych/ICCM 2018

Ion Juvina ion.juvina at wright.edu
Tue Feb 20 17:49:48 -05 2018

University of Wisconsin, Madison

July 21st-24th, 2018
(July 21st is for Workshops, Tutorials & Opening reception)

Submissions are due March 15th, 11.59pm EDT.

We invite you to MathPsych/ICCM 2018, the joint gathering of the 51st Annual Meeting of the Society for Mathematical Psychology and the 16th International Conference on Cognitive Modeling (ICCM): the premier conference for research on computational models and computation-based theories of human cognition.  Following our success in 2017, ICCM has again joined forces with the Society for Mathematical Psychology to create a conference in which all sessions are open to all attendees, and cross-talk is highly encouraged.

MathPsych/ICCM 2018 is a forum for presenting and discussing the complete spectrum of cognitive modeling approaches, including connectionism, symbolic modeling, dynamical systems, Bayesian modeling, and cognitive architectures. Research topics can range from low-level perception to high-level reasoning. We also welcome contributions that use computational models to better understand neuroscientific data.

We are pleased to announce four world-class invited speakers:
Angela Yu (University of California, San Diego)

Naomi Feldman (University of Maryland)
Jennifer Trueblood (Vanderbilt University, Estes Early Career Award winner)

Leslie Blaha (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, FABBS Early Career Award winner)

We will have three invited symposia:

On the relationship between scientific practice and statistical practice
(Organizers:  Rich Shiffrin & Joachim Vandekerckhove)

Probabilistic Specification and Quantitative Testing of Decision Theories
             (Organizers:  Michel Regenwetter & Clintin Stober)

Computational Brain & Behavior, a new journal sponsored by the Society for Mathematical Psychology
            (Organizer:  Scott Brown)

We have separate submissions for the MathPsych parallel tracks and the ICCM single-track. For MathPsych, submissions are brief 250-word abstracts to be considered for both talks and posters. For ICCM submissions are 6-page full papers to be considered for talks, and 2-page poster abstracts. We are working with TopiCS to create a special issue based on the best full ICCM papers. Submissions may be made by researchers, faculty, post-docs, graduate students and undergraduate students. Any one person may present only one paper, but may also be a co-author of other papers (when you are presenting author of a MathPsych paper, you cannot also be a presenting author of an ICCM paper and vica versa). We also welcome pre-conference workshop/tutorial submissions that are not specific to MathPsych or ICCM. All types of submissions are due on March 15th, 11.59pm EDT.

More information can be found on our website:
http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2018/ <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmathpsych.org%2Fconferences%2F2018%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cpernille.hemmer%40psych.rutgers.edu%7Ca7450f6365284fce868108d559fc8cc2%7Cb92d2b234d35447093ff69aca6632ffe%7C1%7C1%7C636513863591558635&sdata=k4Ojw14moYZ7RsN8Rc6MCpOOxJuBFGkVMQobYBYqgyg%3D&reserved=0>

Registration fees have not yet been determined, although we expect they will be approximately $200 (faculty/professionals) and $80 (students). Registration will open on May 1st.

We hope to see you in Madison!

Ion Juvina, Joseph Houpt, and Christopher Myers (ICCM co-chairs)

Joseph Austerweil and Joseph Houpt (MathPsych co-chairs)