[visionlist] Special Issue of Vision

Bas Rokers rokers at wisc.edu
Wed Mar 14 10:41:37 -05 2018

Dear Visionlisters,

Kendrick Kay and I are Guest Editors soliciting contributions for a special issue of Vision (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/vision). The theme of the issue is “Visual Perception and Its Neural Mechanisms”, and we especially encourage articles that address issues pertaining to (i) advances in techniques for neural measurement or (ii) neural data analysis and modeling approaches that elucidate perceptual mechanisms.

Please let us know if you are interested in contributing an article.

Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:

• Advanced methods improving the resolution and quality of neural measurements

• Computational modeling frameworks

• Efforts to clarify the link between brain responses and behavior (e.g., perceptual judgments, awareness, uncertainty, reaction times)

• Efforts to bridge spatial and temporal scales of measurement (e.g. single units vs. population measures)

• Novel insights into the organization of, and within, visual areas in the brain

• Neural biomarkers for perceptual disorders

More information is available at http://www.mdpi.com/journal/vision/special_issues/Visual_Perception_Neural_Mechanisms.

Feel free to contact us with a specific paper proposal or any questions.

Best wishes,

Bas Rokers

—
Associate Professor