[visionlist] Deadline Extension ETRA Videos and Demos

Rakshit Kothari (RIT Student) rsk3900 at rit.edu
Thu Mar 29 15:49:24 -05 2018

Hello all,

Please note the extension to the deadline for the video and Demo track at
ETRA 2018. Tanja and I will be happy to answer your questions.

ACM EYE TRACKING RESEARCH & APPLICATIONS SYMPOSIUM 2018 2nd CALL FOR VIDEO
& DEMO SUBMISSIONS and DEADLINE EXTENSION

Have a gaze interaction technique to share? Or want to show off how your
new eye tracking method works? At ETRA 2018, we will have a demo/video
session where researchers give demonstrations of their research or show
videos of their work. We encourage new and exciting ideas that may not yet
be fully tested. To take part in this session, we request a 2-page extended
abstract to be submitted. If authors have a full or short paper accepted,
no extended abstract is needed. If submitting a video presentation, the
video is required. For demos, space will be provided for a poster display.
Please refer to the long call for submissions for detailed information on
the ETRA demo/video track.

IMPORTANT DATES (Time Zone: AoE)

Demo/Video

Apr  2, 2018   Authors: Extended abstracts due

Apr  6, 2018     Authors: Extended abstract due (extended deadline)

Apr 10, 2018    Feedback to authors

Apr 16, 2018    Authors: Camera ready abstracts due

Apr 23, 2018    Final notifications to authors

SUBMISSION TO THE VIDEO & DEMO TRACK

All submissions must be made electronically, at https://new.
precisionconference.com/user/login?society=etra. .

To submit to the Video & Demo Track, you need to prepare a 2-page extended
abstract, along with: a) the video submission AND/OR b) a description of
the demonstration set-up with a mandatory review video showing the
demonstration (Note: this video will be used for reviewing purposes - only
videos accepted in the Video Track will be played at the conference).

Detailed instructions are available below. In case you have a full or short
paper accepted and would like to present a video and/or demo related to the
paper, please enter the accepted paper number into the submission form. The
extended abstract will be part of the ETRA 2018 proceedings. Copyright of
the work will be held by the authors, which means that the 2 page extended
abstract will not be regarded as a previous publication when submitting a
longer version of the paper to a journal or conference.

ABSTRACT PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS

Abstracts should be 2 pages in length and should follow preparation
instructions found at: http://www.siggraph.org/learn/instructions-authors.
To prepare the content of the PDF file, SIGGRAPH encourages authors to use
LaTeX.

When generating the PDF file, please make sure that the fonts are embedded
in the PDF file. This will ensure that reviewers can view the paper without
problems. The submitted abstracts do not have to be anonymized for peer
review. In addition to the extended abstract, you will be asked to submit
either a video or a demo description with a video as stated below.

VIDEO PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS

The video should depict your technology in action and we encourage
researchers to explain in the video a) the motivation for their work, b)
the specific problem being addressed, and c) the demonstrated solution to
the problem. Note that the video should be self-explaining, no in-person
explanation of the videos should be necessary at the conference. This
should either include an audio track or subtitles. You should make sure
that background audio is free from copyright or that you are licensed to
use it. The video should not include a title slide with the title of the
work, authors, affiliations, etc. at the start of the video. We will add
this to all videos in a consistent style.

A submitted video should have a maximum length of 5 minutes and should not
be larger than 100 MB. We recommend using MP4 format with H.264 codec and a
resolution of 1280 x 720 px, at 24 to 30 frames/s. Most video production
systems can encode in this format and most video applications are able to
play it. If you use a different codec, you risk that reviewers might not be
able to view the video clip and you will need to re-encode the video clip
for the conference proceeding USB. The video should play in the VLC media
player version 2.2.6 (freely available at http://www.videolan.org/vlc)
without additional software, codecs or settings.

For a longer guideline of how to make good videos for conference
submission, please see the UIST video guidelines.

DEMO PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
For the demo submission please fill in the following questionnaire (
https://goo.gl/forms/sAW318dIEd3NiCiN2). The questionnaire contains a list
of equipment and you can indicate which equipment you will need at the
conference for your demo.

For more details visit: http://etra.acm.org/2018/demovid.html

with best regards,

Tanja Blascheck and Rakshit Kothari

--

Rakshit Kothari
Graduate Electrical Engineering

Research & Teaching Assistant

Image, Video and Computer Vision Laboratory

Center for Imaging Science
Rochester Institute of Technology