[visionlist] Generously funded PhD in vision and touch
W.Adams at soton.ac.uk
Wed May 30 07:32:26 -05 2018
*** Please highlight this PhD opportunity to any potential EU candidates in your lab ***
A generously funded PhD position is available to study visual and haptic perception of materials and shape.
What: The position is a 36 month, fully funded (£32 - £35k per year) PhD, on the perception of object properties (e.g. glossiness, stiffness, friction, weight) from vision and touch. The research will combine psychophysical studies with computational modelling.
The post is part of the EU-funded Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action – Innovative Training Network: “DyViTo” (https://dyvito.wordpress.com<https://dyvito.wordpress.com/>). The network provides outstanding inter-disciplinary training opportunities through hands-on research projects, international lab exchanges, industrial secondments and specialist workshops and conferences.
Where: The successful applicant will join Professor Wendy Adams’ lab in the Department of Psychology at the University of Southampton (https://www.southampton.ac.uk/psychology/about/staff/wendya.page). Facilities include a virtual reality environment, visual-haptic presentation (Phantom force-feedback, oculus touch), stereoscopic presentation, eye tracking, computational modeling (super-computing), brain imaging (fMRI) and EEG.
How: I welcome informal enquiries at w.adams at soton.ac.uk<mailto:w.adams at soton.ac.uk>.
* Apply at www.jobs.soton.ac.uk<http://www.jobs.soton.ac.uk/>, using job reference 973418JW-R.
Who: Please note the eligibility restrictions -
* You should have an UG degree in Psychology or a related field, and a Masters degree in a related field.
* You must not have lived in the UK for more than 12 months in the last 3 years (sorry - the scheme is designed to increase mobility within Europe).
* You will have the right to work in the UK. For example, you are from an EU country. (Sorry again - Tier 2 visas are, frustratingly, not currently available for this job classification.)
* You should not have >4 years of research experience since your masters degree.
When: The deadline for applications is 4th June 2018. Start date: on or before Oct 1st 2018
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist