[visionlist] Releasing datasets on large-scale recordings of the monkey prefrontal cortex during perceptual decisions

Roozbeh Kiani roozbeh at nyu.edu
Mon Jun 25 07:55:49 -05 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We are releasing the datasets of Kiani et al, Current Biology 2014 (doi: 10.1016/j.cub.2014.05.049; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24954050) and Kiani et al, Neuron 2015 (doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2015.02.014; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25728571) for those interested in large-scale electrophysiological recordings from the prefrontal cortex. Each session in the dataset consists of 1000+ trials and 100+ simultaneously recorded units (single and multi-units) from the pre-arcuate gyrus (area 8Ar) of macaque monkeys performing a direction discrimination task with random dots.

You can download three datasets (one dataset for each monkey) from this link: http://www.cns.nyu.edu/kianilab/Datasets.html. (Search for “Population responses of pre-arcuate gyrus.”)

If your studies on those datasets are promising and you would like to gain access to more datasets (25 recording sessions total), please send your request to roozbeh at nyu.edu.

We would appreciate a short description of your pilot results and intended analyses so that we can track how the community is using the datasets. However, such a description is not essential and you can use the data in any way that you like. If you opt to share your research goals and findings, we will keep them strictly confidential.

Regards,
Roozbeh Kiani and Bill Newsome

Roozbeh Kiani, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor