[visionlist] ICAT-EGVE 2018 2nd Call For Papers
gerd.bruder at ieee.org
Tue Jun 26 10:36:07 -05 2018
*ICAT-EGVE 2018 2nd Call For Papers*
The ICAT-EGVE 2018 conference will be held *November 7th – 9th* in *Limassol,
Cyprus*. This is the merger of the 28th International Conference on
Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2018) and the 23rd Eurographics
Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE 2018).
ICAT-EGVE 2018 seeks original, high-quality papers describing research,
applications or systems in all areas of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality,
Mixed Reality, Telexistence, and 3D User Interfaces. Research papers should
describe results that contribute to advancements in the following areas:
- 3D interaction for VR/AR
- VR/AR systems and toolkits
- User studies and evaluation for VR/AR/MR
- Telexistence, Telepresence and Tele-immersion
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual modalities
- Serious games and edutainment using VR/AR/MR
- Presence, cognition, and embodiment in VR/AR/MR
- Novel devices (both input and output) for VR, AR, MR, and haptics
- Multi-user and distributed VR, AR, tele-immersion and telepresence
- Immersive projection technologies and other advanced display
Submissions in other related areas are welcome too.
Proceedings of ICAT-EGVE 2018 with accepted papers will be published
in the *Eurographics
Digital Library* and indexed in the *ACM Digital Library*.
- Paper submission: *20 July 2018 *(all deadlines: 23:59 AoE)
- Notification of results: 7 September 2018
- Camera-ready version: 8 October 2018
- Conference: 7–9 November 2018
Please visit http://icat-egve2018.rise.org.cy/call-for-papers/ for the most
up-to-date submission instructions and deadlines.
The authors of the *best papers* (selected by the award committee) will be
invited to submit an extended version of their paper to a special section
at *Computers & Graphics journal *(confirmed) or Presence (tbc).
- *Prof. Mel Slater*, *EVENT Lab, University of Barcelona*
- *Prof. Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann*, *MIRALab, University of Geneva &
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore*
- *Tracy Spaight*, *Director of Special Projects, Wargaming.net*
Full papers must be in English and not exceed eight (8) pages in length.
Short papers must be in English and not exceed four (4) pages in length.
Both full and short papers should be formatted using the Eurographics format
<https://www.eg.org/wp/guidelines/>. A sample LaTeX document
a Word template
ICAT-EGVE uses a double-blind review process. Therefore, submissions should
not contain information that unnecessarily identifies the authors or their
institutions or places of work. All papers must be submitted electronically
as PDF. Authors are encouraged to submit videos to aid the program
committee in the review of their submissions.
The submission tool can be found here
<https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/ICAT-EGVE_2018>. The Call For Papers
in PDF format is available here
Note: Submissions should be original, unpublished work, and should not be
in submission to other venues concurrently. Any dual submissions will be
rejected outright without review.
For each accepted paper a registration at the conference is needed and at
least one of the authors is required to present their paper at the
conference for the paper to be included in the proceedings.
The International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT
2018) and the Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments (EGVE 2018) are
two of the oldest international conferences in the world on Artificial
Reality and Virtual Environments, and provide a unique opportunity for
researchers, developers, and users to share their experience and knowledge
of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality and 3D User
Interfaces. ICAT-EGVE 2018 is a great opportunity to renew old friendships,
make new ones, and experience all that Cyprus has to offer.
Limassol, a city counting centuries of history, is located between two of
the most renowned ancient kingdoms of the island, Amathus at the east and
Kourion at the west. "Lemessos" as it is called by locals, is one of the
fastest growing modern metropolises in Europe, with the most distinct
project being the Limassol Marina. The beautiful coastline now covers a 15
kilometers distance, lined with hotels and beach bars and cafes,
interspersed with eucalyptus groves and linked by a promenade popular with
walkers and joggers. For more information see here
<http://icat-egve2018.rise.org.cy/about-limassol/>. ICAT-EGVE 2018 is
organized by the newly established RISE-Research Center on Interactive
media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies which aims to become a
Center of Excellence and a hub across the three continents bordering
Cyprus, facilitating thus the local scientific, technological, and economic
growth of the region. More information about the center can be found here
For matters related to paper submissions:
ICAT-EGVE 2018 Program Chairs: chairs-icategve2018 at eg.org
- Gerd Bruder, *University of Central Florida, USA*
- Shunsuke Yoshimoto, *Osaka University, Japan*
- Sue Cobb, *University of Nottingham, UK*
For matters related to the conference:
ICAT-EGVE 2018 General Chairs: generalchairs-icategve2018 at eg.org
- Despina Michael-Grigoriou, *Cyprus University of Technology & RISE
Research Centre on Interactive Media Smart Systems and Emerging
- Sabine Coquillart, *INRIA, France*
- Anthony Steed, *University College London, UK** & RISE Research Centre
on Interactive Media Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Cyprus*
- Andreas Lanitis, *Cyprus University of Technology **& RISE Research
Centre on Interactive Media Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies, Cyprus*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist