[visionlist] Barrie Frost

Niko Troje troje at queensu.ca
Sat Oct 6 09:46:03 -05 2018

It is with great sadness that I pass along the news that Barrie Frost
passed away. He was 79 years old. Many of you have known him as an
enthusiastic, versatile, and exceptionally creative vision researcher
who studied invertebrate, avian, and mammalian sensory systems and
contributed seminal work to our understanding of human visual
perception. Barrie returned only in March from his last field trip to
the Australian Outback only a few months ago. In April, he was diagnosed
with lung cancer and on Thursday he died peacefully. His wife Ginny, and
his three sons were with him.

Here is an obituary which Toronto's Globe and Mail published today:
http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/Deaths.20181006.93406985/BDAStory/BDA/deaths