[visionlist] PostDoc on Computer Vision on Cultural Heritage Technologies (CCHT at Ca’Foscari)
ccht at iit.it
Mon Oct 8 03:33:00 -05 2018
The IIT center at Ca' Foscari University in Venice - Center for Cultural
Heritage Technology at CàFoscari (CCHT at Ca'Foscari) has the mission to
research and promote new technologies and to extend existing techniques
for preservation and analysis of the invaluable Cultural Heritage assets
managed by cities, galleries, libraries, archives and museums across
different fields of art. CCHT at Ca'Foscari is currently seeking to appoint
a Computer Vision Postdoc.
The selected candidate will join an interdisciplinary team of
researchers, contributing to the development of next generation 3D
digitization and machine learning approaches applied to the Cultural
Heritage (CH) and Digital Humanities (DH) domain.
• A Ph.D. in computer science or related field (with specialization in
either computer vision or machine learning);
• Proficiency with programming languages, in particular Python, C/C++
• Experience in the 3D computer vision field e.g. 3D reconstruction from
RGBD data, photometric stereo, structure from motion, BRDF estimation,
structured light systems.
• Publication in major Computer Vision and/or Computer Graphics
conferences/journals (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, SIGGRAPH, Eurographics,
ToG, TPAMI, IJCV, IVC, CVIU).
• Good communication skills and ability to cooperate;
• Proficient in English language (written and oral).
• Knowledge of OpenCV, PCL and Open3D libraries;
• Practical experience on Deep Learning algorithms and relevant
platforms for geometric learning (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe);
• Experience on cultural heritage knowledge 2D and 3D digitization.
The successful candidate will be offered a salary commensurate to
experience and skills.
The call will remain open until the position is filled but a first
deadline for evaluation of candidates will be October 31 2018. Please
send your application to ccht at iit.it and applications at iit.it quoting
“CCHT Computer Vision Postdoc – BC 75117” in the e-mail subject. Your
application shall contain a detailed CV, a one-page research statement
and contact information of two referees.
More information about the visionlist