[visionlist] Faculty position at Boston University (Deadline: October 24)

Ling, Sam samling at bu.edu
Wed Oct 10 09:48:34 -05 2018

The Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences<https://www.bu.edu/psych/> at Boston University invites applicants for a tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level in Human Cognitive Neuroscience, to begin July 2019, pending budgetary approval. Applicants with expertise in any area of human cognitive neuroscience including (but not limited to) memory, perception, attention, cognition, executive functioning, language, and decision-making are encouraged to apply. Boston University has a Center for Cognitive Neuroimaging<http://www.bu.edu/neuroimaging/> with a research-dedicated 3 Tesla MRI suite. The candidate must be committed to establishing a vigorous, externally supported program of research, a strong publication record, and a strong teaching record. Responsibilities also include teaching graduate and/or undergraduate courses, research mentorship at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and a commitment to our institutional values regarding diversity, equity and inclusion. At Boston University, we seek to cultivate an atmosphere of respect for individual differences in life experience, sexual orientation, and religious belief, and we aspire to be free of intellectual parochialism, barriers to access, and ethnocentrism. The successful candidate will join a strong and growing interdisciplinary Neuroscience research community at Boston University and will be offered a competitive salary and start-up funding.

Applications will only be accepted at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12148. Applicants should upload a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching experience and interests, a statement of research interests, copies of three representative scholarly papers, and three letters of reference.

The deadline for applications is October 24, 2018.

Inquiries may be directed to Mary Perry, Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences, Boston University, 64 Cummington Mall, Boston, MA 02215 (mcp at bu.edu<mailto:mcp at bu.edu>). We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.

Sam Ling
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Psychological & Brain Sciences
Boston University
677 Beacon St, Room 311, Boston, MA 02215

phone: (617) 353-9485
email: samling at bu.edu<mailto:samling at bu.edu>
website: sites.bu.edu/vision<http://sites.bu.edu/vision>