[visionlist] Colour Scientist Position

Laurie Wilcox lwilcox at yorku.ca
Thu Oct 25 07:46:14 -05 2018

Hi All,
   A colleague at Qualcomm Canada Inc. asked if I would circulate this ad for him - note the position is in Canada, so that’s a plus! I’ve just sent it on cvnet so I apologize for the extra emails in advance. Please contact Greg directly if you have questions.

cheers
Laurie

Title: Color Scientist / Engineer II

Overview: Qualcomm provides cutting edge products and services for the calibration and tuning of mobile displays. We're the behind the scenes team that have enabled glowing reviews of display color and accuracy in recent phones entering the market. We have a contract position open for color scientists / engineers to further develop, implement and deploy our products and services to the world’s leading mobile manufactures. We're looking for inquisitive / detailed oriented people to join our team. This position is open to new and recent graduates.

The successful applicant will have:
A thorough understanding of color spaces, primaries, gamma, metrology as relevant to conversion and gamut mapping between them;
Demonstrated the ability to measure, analyze, debug color / luminance measurements;
Experience with numerical processing and modeling of displays or cameras;
A conceptual understanding of wide gamut and high dynamic range and how they're displayed on normal gamut and standard dynamic range displays;
Strong C, Matlab / Octave and scripting skills, comfortable with basic C++ programming

Useful additional experience and knowledge would include:
Objective and perceptual image quality metrics;
PQ, HDR10 and HLG standards;
Gamut mapping techniques;
Tone mapping techniques between high dynamic range and standard dynamic range;
Low luminance metrology;
OLED and RGBW displays;
Machine learning and advanced correlation / modeling

This position is located at the Qualcomm facilities in Markham On.

Interested candidates should forward resume or contact with questions:

Greg VanSickle
Sen. Manager Display Systems Engineering
gvansick at qti.qualcomm.com <mailto:gvansick at qti.qualcomm.com>
905-482-5545
:: Laurie M. Wilcox ::

Professor