[visionlist] University of Arizona Physiological Sciences Grad Program

Eggers, Erika D - (eeggers) eeggers at email.arizona.edu
Mon Oct 29 10:41:12 -05 2018

The University of Arizona is currently accepting applications for PhD, MD/PhD and MS programs in the Physiological Sciences Graduate Interdisciplinary program.  Please forward to any students you think might be interested.

[UA Physiological Sciences GIDP Logo]<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h0/B4e5uan9OkqjGQDe9zrmyCuRWN6Bn92W7bW8EeysOywDUGNrtWhg82G8PjIFL-2FIo>

[Microscopic View of Eyeball Photo]<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h1/B4e5uan9OkqjGQDe9zrmyCuRWN6Bn92W7bW8EeysOywDUGNrtWhg82G8PjIFL-2FIo>

INTEGRATE BRAIN AND BODY

Are you interested in neuroscience but would like to integrate your knowledge of the brain with knowledge about other body systems and human health?

The Physiological Sciences Graduate Interdisciplinary Program<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h2/XUzvMmQOC2QPYohrlIwERSl-2FpEcNGmk5nhL-2BIPyU-2BxdL9GtRNttxQyPimprqz9s6> at the University of Arizona is a great fit for those with a background in neuroscience.

Physiological research is concerned with how systems, from molecules to entire organisms, function. Current researchers in our program study how sleep and blood pressure are regulated by the brain, to recording responses to light from individual neurons in the healthy and diseased retina, to recording neuromuscular responses to determine how to improve neuroprosthetic devices.

The UA requires PhD students to complete a minor, which gives you the opportunity to expand your knowledge in areas outside of physiology, such as a Neuroscience minor.

Quick facts about our program:

  *   Top 10 Physiology PhD programs in the United States (NRC)
  *   PhD students are fully-funded<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h3/XUzvMmQOC2QPYohrlIwERSl-2FpEcNGmk5nhL-2BIPyU-2BxdRzOhSQEBIefUaiMtEVqpPmLvFJYW709ROUuPjqrPnoauG5DetBY6TEEpa48WrGFE-3D>
  *   Master's students can apply for funded Teaching Assistantships<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h4/B4e5uan9OkqjGQDe9zrmyCuRWN6Bn92W7bW8EeysOyx9KDqy44k1uS1suCKgu9ePeW0QOn9H8moqgRjGDxiHscijBIMCQrbmUMgyo7DTkL-2Bc2GqDW82OeGKw41BmVoYM>
  *   70+ internationally recognized training faculty members<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h5/B4e5uan9OkqjGQDe9zrmyCuRWN6Bn92W7bW8EeysOyzzr1f-2Bm3PwCfOUPUX-2B5Dx4mWfZvpJHPe9mpgMUsvRhkV-2F3XFW8DSW-2F-2B1zOZeNj5kI-3D>
  *   Dual MD-PhD program<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h6/hG-2FfTplKucD-2Fk-2FQl5rK86Q251l1qwJBvdJ1W37q8gPKQgLcz2U1cPoG-2BpuzBVPHI> offered, allowing completion of both degrees in less time
  *   Interdisciplinary nature of the program allows for interactions with faculty across diverse research areas<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h7/B4e5uan9OkqjGQDe9zrmyCuRWN6Bn92W7bW8EeysOywOlsHVMMIGRhCGzmZjKM8SkIbKCxd4LBAeSpWGqZGb2Q-3D-3D>

I encourage you to visit our website<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h8/XUzvMmQOC2QPYohrlIwERSl-2FpEcNGmk5nhL-2BIPyU-2BxdL9GtRNttxQyPimprqz9s6> for more information about our areas of research, faculty members, funding opportunities, alumni testimonials, and admissions information<https://mx.technolutions.net/mpss/c/CQE/jM0HAA/t.2kz/xXkWV10TR5e3SG36y1o0tQ/h9/XUzvMmQOC2QPYohrlIwERSl-2FpEcNGmk5nhL-2BIPyU-2BxdRzOhSQEBIefUaiMtEVqpPPkMaunBWYBYSqUNa0wDkVOTIabMlAKubRZP2IbT-2FCH06epqKG6BmgxcGt6-2Br-2BY7j>.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Kate Quinlan
Program Coordinator
Physiological Sciences GIDP