[visionlist] Employment Opportunity in Molecular and Cellular Biology
dberger at sunyopt.edu
Tue Nov 27 11:35:50 -05 2018
Employment Opportunity in Molecular and Cellular Biology
Research Assistant/ Technician
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to work in a new research laboratory at the Research Foundation at the State University of New York, College of Optometry. The new lab is the first of the new Center of Translational Research and focuses on microRNAs in retinal glia function. More insights in the research projects can be found online at www.sunyopt.edu/research/graduate_faculty/stefanie-wohl<http://www.sunyopt.edu/research/graduate_faculty/stefanie-wohl>.
Start: January 2019
The position will provide a unique opportunity to assist in establishing a new lab with comprehensive on-the-job training for the right individual. Primary responsibilities will be supporting the research in the lab.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conducting research experiments using techniques such as basic molecular biology and cellular for instance
- genotyping and generation of transgenic lines
- primary glia cultures and cell line cultures incl. techniques such as transfection, transduction, explant culture
- protein expression assays such as IHC and Western Blots
- bacterial cell culture, bacterial cell transformation, plasmid DNA preparation
- RNA purification, PCR amplification and RT-qPCR
- fluorescence and confocal laser scanning microscopy
- Preparation of all required solutions/buffers/reagents and maintain/oversee stock solutions
* Maintain lab notebook, create and update electronic records, databases
* Ordering and purchase tasks – communication with vendors
* Analyze data using relevant computer software and assist with data preparation for publications
* Follow lab safety protocols and train new lab members
* Learn and master new techniques and procedures if required
Bachelor’s degree in biology, molecular biology, cell biology, neuroscience, genetics, biochemistry or related subject.
* Attention to detail, correctness, and manual dexterity are required. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment to accomplish the required tasks
* Must be willing to learn new techniques and skills or even new software usage
* Should be comfortable with basic computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ideally also with specific software such as Photoshop, EndNote, SPSS, R etc.
Preferred Qualifications: A background in the neural retina or at least the central nervous system would be a big plus. Familiarity with basic molecular biological, cell biological techniques, cell culture techniques.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, submit a cover letter and CV (can be very detailed) by visiting: http://sunyopt.peopleadmin.com/postings/1269
To view the College’s Annual Security Report visit: http://www.sunyopt.edu/offices/university_police/crime_report
The Research Foundation of the SUNY College of Optometry is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Applicants for employment in Albany County and New York City must not provide prior salary history.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist