[visionlist] 3 Faculty Positions in Psychology at the University of Leicester

Jian Liu jiankliu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:49:56 -05 2018

LECTURER IN PSYCHOLOGY

https://jobs.le.ac.uk/vacancies/621/lecturer-in-psychology.html

Vacancy ID:621
Location:Leicester
Department:Neuroscience, Psychology and Behaviour
Vacancy terms:Full-time permanent
Salary details:Grade 8 £39,609 to £48,677 per annum
Hours per week:37.5
Advert closes midnight on:02 Jan 2019

About the role

We are looking for an excellent researcher to develop and enhance the
reputation of the Department of Neuroscience, Psychology and Behaviour.
This post provides the opportunity for those with excellent academic
potential to contribute to high quality research and teaching within the
Department.

You will be expected to contribute to raising levels of research activity,
research income, teaching excellence and the overall visibility of the
Department. You will undertake high quality individual and collaborative
research in line with the Department’s aim of producing world-leading
research with meaningful impact.

You will contribute to undergraduate teaching primarily in the School of
Psychology and be involved in postgraduate training at MSc and PhD level.

About you

The successful applicant will be an experienced researcher, as demonstrated
by publications in leading peer-reviewed journals. You will be undertaking
high quality teaching in cognate areas and across the discipline of
psychology. You will have an international research profile that will
integrate, complement and strengthen our existing NPB Department expertise.
We are particularly interested in recruiting researchers in developmental
psychology, behaviour (e.g. learning and memory) or artificial
intelligence/human-machine interaction.

Additional information

Leicester is a leading University committed to international excellence,
world-changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching. We are
strongly committed to inclusivity, promoting equality and celebrating
diversity among our staff and students. Our strength is built on the talent
of our scholars, drawn to us by a mutual passion for discovery. We seek to
embed an adventurous and entrepreneurial spirit into our research culture,
and to create an environment in which both disciplinary excellence and
interdisciplinarity thrive.

In return for your hard work, we offer a working environment that is
committed to inclusivity, through promoting equality and valuing diversity.
We offer a competitive salary package with excellent pension scheme, a
generous annual leave allowance and an online portal that offers a range of
lifestyle benefits and discounts. Located close to Leicester city centre,
our award winning campus benefits from a wide range of cafes, a fully
equipped sports centre and nursery facilities. Further information
regarding our extensive range of staff benefits is available here.

Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to:

Professor Ian Forsythe, Head of the Department of Neuroscience, Psychology
and Behaviour, on idf at leicester.ac.uk
Professor John Maltby, Professor of Differential Psychology, on
jm148 at leicester.ac.uk
Professor Kevin Paterson, Professor of Experimental Psychology, on
kbp3 at leicester.ac.uk
Dr Jose Prados, Head of the School of Psychology, on jpg19 at leicester.ac.uk