[visionlist] PHD FELLOWSHIP IN VIRTUAL REALITY IN THE GEGENFURTNER LAB

Karl Gegenfurtner gegenfurtner at uni-giessen.de
Thu Dec 20 09:48:32 -05 2018

FULLY FUNDED PHD FELLOWSHIP IN GIESSEN WITH KARL GEGENFURTNER

Starting date: between March and June, 2019

A PhD fellowship is available in Giessen, Germany. The successful candidate
will join the group of Karl  Gegenfurtner at the Psychology Department of Giessen
University. The lab offers excellent facilities for studying visual perception and motor
control. We are part of a larger research group on perception and action with excellent
links to scientists within Europe and world wide (http://www.sfb-perception.de).
The group offers a stimulating, multi-national and multi-disciplinary research
environment for young scientists  (http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de). Giessen
is a small university town, located just 60 km north of Frankfurt, right at the center
of Germany.

The position is for a student interested to study color vision in a Virtual-Reality
environment. We have a newly established Virtual Reality lab, which is ideal to
manipulate the cues for color constancy and color appearance.

Recent work from my lab on color vision can be found here:
http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/karl/articles.html

The PhD studentship is for 3 years. Knowledge in psychophysics, modeling,
or programming is of advantage. A Master’s degree in Experimental Psychology or
a related field (computer science, neuroscience, biology) is required.

Applications should be sent by email to Karl Gegenfurtner
(gegenfurtner at uni-giessen.de) before January 22, 2019. Please specify position number
783/29120/06 in your application. Informal inquiries are highly encouraged.
Full applications should include a CV, a statement of research interests, and the
names of up to 3 people who could write a letter of reference.

--
Prof. Karl Gegenfurtner, Abteilung Allgemeine Psychologie
Justus-Liebig-Universität, Otto-Behaghel-Str. 10, 35394 Giessen
phone:  +49 641 9926100	  mailto:gegenfurtner at uni-giessen.de
fax:    +49 641 9926119	  http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/karl