[visionlist] UCCS Multiple Openings: Three Assistant Professor positions (Computer Science, Data Analytics/Systems Engineering and Electrical/Computer Engineering)

Terry Boult tboult at vast.uccs.edu
Tue Dec 25 23:06:08 -05 2018

UCCS is continuing to grow.   The following positions might be of interest to
you, one of your past students or other friends. I'm hoping you can pass it on
to those that might be interested.  Feel free to email me with any questions.
Most of these have applications due by Dec 31 for full consideration.  I'll
also be at WACV is anyone wants to discuss.

CS/Innovation Assistant Professor apply at
https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=207107

Data Analytics/Systems Engineering:
https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=14869

Electrical and Computer Engineering:
https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=14762

While the positions above are officially broad, they can include
vision/image-processing oriented, and I would love to have another
collaborator.   The CS/Innovation position has teaching that includes
innovation courses, as part of our unique Bachelor of Innovation(TM) family of
degrees.  The ideal candidate would have an industry or entrepreneurial
experience.  That position will inherently interact significantly with me (the
BI founder).  My research is primarily in ML/vision, and I have no problem
getting more funding/students than I have time to manage, so I am hoping for
another collaborator.

Here is a bit about our school.  UCCS has been rated a "Best in the West" by
U.S. News & World Report and earned recognition as one of the “Great Colleges
to Work For” in 2018 by The Chronicle of Higher Education. The College of
Engineering and Applied Science at UCCS is nationally ranked and offers degrees
at the Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. level, with CS and cybersecurity degrees at
each level including the award-winning Bachelor of Innovation(TM) program. The
UCCS CS department is an NSA center of academic excellence.  The CS department
has 17 full-time faculty including two NSF career winners and NSF PYI winner.
Visit http://eas.uccs.edu/cs for more information.

The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in
the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,500 undergraduate and
1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the
state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional
universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is
situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural
activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the
top Best Places to Live in the U.S.  http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/

--
Terrance E. Boult,    Cell: (719)963-0573