[visionlist] Title; Full-Time Laboratory Technician - Dora Angelaki Lab - NYU
jeanpaulnc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:23:23 -05 2019
Title; Full-Time Laboratory Technician
Dr. Dora Angelaki’s Lab (Center for Neural Science, NYU; http://www.cns.nyu.edu/corefaculty/Angelaki.php <http://www.cns.nyu.edu/corefaculty/Angelaki.php>) is searching for a full-time Lab Technician to join their team to work on a large-scale international collaboration (International Brain Lab; https://www.internationalbrainlab.com/ <https://www.internationalbrainlab.com/>) and laboratory animal research projects.
Ideal candidate has a BS/BA with demonstrated competence in first level laboratory research support and searching for a couple years of lab experience before attending graduate school or medical school. We will also consider individuals looking at finding a permanent position in the lab. The person (or people) hired will be involved in all aspects animal electrophysiology projects and will be expected to run the day-to-day operations (order materials, animal husbandry and handling, training animals on behavioral protocols, etc.).
- Behavioral training and testing of research animals
- Conduct experimental procedures and data analyses (prior experience with computer programming in Python, MATLAB, R, is a big plus)
- Prior experience in neurophysiology research is a plus.
- Assists and interacts with investigative staff to meet their research needs.
- Confers with research staff periodically to evaluate new equipment and methods.
- Performs various veterinary procedures, such as drawing blood, necropsy, injections, and administering medications.
- Monitors and cares for pre-operative and post-operative veterinary patients.
- Perform laboratory procedures and keep stocked inventory of lab supplies.
- Interacts and coordinates with veterinary services staff to assure health and welfare of animals.
- Help build and maintain experimental equipment.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Salary is commensurable with prior experience. If interested in the position please send a CV and cover letter to Jean-Paul Noel at jpn5 at nyu.edu <mailto:jpn5 at nyu.edu>
Jean-Paul Noel, Ph.D.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist