[visionlist] R&D Internships in Vision/AR/ML at Niantic, London

Gabriel J. Brostow g.brostow at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 11:25:09 -05 2019

Niantic's Research and Development team is seeking post-MSc or
PhD-students, who are passionate about inventing new algorithms, to join us
for a 3-month research internship to work on computer vision and learning,
alongside our growing team of researchers in central London. The projects
you will work on fit under the broad umbrella of artificial intelligence
for augmented reality, including deep or shallow machine learning models,
tracking, 3D reconstruction, localization, and graphics for mixed reality.
We invite you to explore the best problems in vision with us.

Apply here: https://nianticlabs.com/jobs/software-engineer-research-intern/

Applications received by 1st February 2019 will receive priority
consideration.

Responsibilities

   - You will dig deep into a fun computer vision and machine learning
   topic, becoming the expert and breaking new ground.
   - You will discover ways to automatically understand imagery and/or
   telemetry from the real world, to track, reconstruct, localize, synthesize,
   or recognize more accurately or more efficiently.
   - You will work alongside our other researchers, accepting help and
   aiding others, to make discoveries that will eventually help the Niantic
   Real World Platform, as it gets deployed for Niantic and outside developers
   alike.

Qualifications

   - Completed the requirements for an MSc and/or are enrolled in a PhD
   program, in computer science or a related field, with focus on computer
   vision, robotics, AR, or machine learning.
   - Experience building your own software systems in Python or C++,
   wrangling 2D and/or 3D data, training models, and running experiments.
   - Proficient at finding, reading, and efficiently critiquing and
   experimentally assessing published research papers.
   - Experience writing technical papers in English for a scientific
   audience.

Plus If…

   - You have had 1+ papers accepted to ICCV / NeurIPS / IROS / ISMAR /
   SIGGRAPH type conferences.
   - You have experience building fast or efficient computer vision systems.
   - You have experience designing your own architectures within a deep
   learning framework (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, or similar).
   - You have collected and curated your own raw data.

*Join the Niantic team!*

Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and
engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor
exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.

Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in
2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon
Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering
global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our
third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.

Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe
that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is
essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission
emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are
traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider
this to be one of the most important values we hold close.

We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual
curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices
located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, London, Los Angeles, Tokyo,
and Hamburg.

--
Gabriel Brostow
Professor of Machine Vision, UCL