[visionlist] Call For Papers- 6. International Symposium on Brain and Cognitive Science (ISBCS 2019)

funda yıldırım fundayildirim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:17:51 -04 2019

Dear colleagues,

We invite students/researchers in Cognitive Science participate in the:

6. International Symposium on Brain and Cognitve Science
Sunday April 28, 2019, Yeditepe University, Istanbul
http://isbcs2019.yeditepe.edu.tr/
Submission deadline: *18 March 2019*

Below is the announcement for the annual symposium.

Dear Students and Colleagues,

The 6. International Symposium on Brain and Cognitve Science, will be held
on April 28, 2019, Sunday, at  Yeditepe University, Istanbul. Also, for the
first time this year we will be organizing the satellite event for ISBCS,
The Symposium of Interdisciplinary Artificial Intelligence Studies, a day
prior to ISBCS. Speaker biographies, program, and abstracts of the talks
will be updated on the symposium website as the program proceeds.

The deadline for paper submission is March 18, 2019.

Important information:
------------------------------

Symposium main web site: http://isbcs2019.yeditepe.edu.tr/

Web site for Satellite Event (Symposium of Interdisciplinary Artificial
Intelligence Studies): http://siais.yeditepe.edu.tr/

Venue: İnan Kıraç Conference Room, Yeditepe University, Istanbul

Submission: http://isbcs2019.yeditepe.edu.tr/submission.html

Registration (free of charge for all attendees, including poster
presenters, but required):
http://isbcs2019.yeditepe.edu.tr/registration.html

Important dates:
----------------------

November 12, 2018; Call for Papers and Abstracts

March 18, 2019; Submissions close

April 7, 2019; Notification of accepted posters (The symposium is posters
and invited talks only)

-------------------------

Topics:

ISBCS invites research from all the fields which involve the common goal of
cognitive science research: understanding the nature of the human mind and
other minds including artificial minds. All submissions related to
disciplines comprising the field of Cognitive Science will be considered,
including Artificial Intelligence, Linguistics, Computer Science,
Anthropology, Psychology, Neuroscience, Philosophy, and Education.

Papers:

Papers can be short/long conference papers. If accepted, we expect at least
one author to present the poster at the symposium. The papers may be
submitted to/accepted by other conferences; we do not publish proceedings
or require copyright. ISBCS is a great opportunity to get feedback before
you present in a conference, or discuss research before its final
result/publication.

-----------

Confirmed speakers:

Tecumseh Fitch, University of Vienna

Colin Phillips, University of Maryland

Ehren Newman, Indiana University Bloomington

Nazım Keven, Bilkent University
---------
We hope to see you at ISBCS 2019 (April 28, 2019, Yeditepe University,
Istanbul).
--
Funda Yıldırım, Ph.D.

Department of Computer Engineering
and Cognitive Science Master's Program,
Yeditepe University,

26 Ağustos Yerleşkesi, Mühendislik Fakültesi, Kayışdağı 34755, İstanbul –
Turkey
Phone: +90 216 5780428