[visionlist] Computer Vision Engineer / Daimler Autonomous Services - Berlin, DE

harsimrat sandhawalia hs.sandhawalia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 05:48:09 -04 2019

As humans we understand the complex intricacies of the world around us. We
learn from our subjective as well as shared experiences. Now imagine a
fleet in which each vehicle could understand their hyper local geography
and share its learnings with the rest of fleet. In real time, updating the
fleet command center about local traffic, construction, road conditions ,
safety and parking (curb intelligence). Shared curbside intelligence
updates our mapping and routing capabilities to optimize fleet dispatch and
autonomous vehicle (AV) enabled routing. With this our goal at Daimler
Autonomous Services, we are building the future of urban mobility along
with our partners at myTaxi and Car2Go. Our team would be at the forefront
of building and deploying in vehicle image sensors, compute and running
scene understanding algorithms on edge.

Tasks
• Research and build scene understanding pipelines using state of the art
CV/ML
• Optimize CV/ML models for on-edge compute to generate map updates
• Collaborate with our routing/real-time/traffic team to build map-update
pipelines
• Help build a simulation environment for training/benchmarking our ML
models
• Research knowledge transfer in synthetic-to-real GANs
• Vehicle localization against a 3D world map (real/simulated)
• Work with mapping partners to build a data ingestion pipeline for large
scale LiDAR and image datasets

Skills
• MS/Ph.D in computer vision/Graphics/Machine
Learning/Robotics/Optimization or equivalent industrial experience
• Advanced knowledge of computer vision and machine learning techniques
such as CNNs, RNNs, Visual-SLAM, Reinforcement Learning and
model compression.
• Experience building production-level computer vision systems, preferably
with Python or C++
• Experience with either TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenCV or MXNet
• Knowledge of or experience with LiDARs and cameras, OBD, SLAM, sensor
fusion and computer vision on the edge would be a plus
• Some prior experience with Kubernetes and Docker could be beneficial
• A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor

We offer:

• Contributing to the future of a fast growing and sustainable company
• A highly motivated international team
• Attractive benefits such as mobility allowance, team events, company
pension
• Working autonomously with many possibilities to contribute your own ideas
• Excellent infrastructure
• Work and live in one of the most liveliest cities in Europe

This is a full-time job
Profile :
https://jobs.daimler.com/job/217978/computer-vision-engineer-m-f-d-autonomous-services-daimler-mobility-services-gmbh-location-berlin.html

Contact Name : Harsimrat Singh Sandhawlia
Email : harsimrat_singh.sandhawalia at daimler.com

--
Harsimrat Singh Sandhawalia