[visionlist] 3-year PhD on Computat. Visual Neurosci.

Jesus Malo Lopez jesus.malo at uv.es
Tue Apr 2 08:52:22 -04 2019

A 3-year PhD contract in the intersection between visual neuroscience and artificial neural networks is available to work with Prof. Jesus Malo at the Image and Signal Processing Group (http://isp.uv.es) at the Universitat de Valencia (Spain). Salary is 22000 euros/year (gross salary including health care).

Candidates should:
(1) hold a degree in Computer Science, Physics, Maths, quantitative Neuroscience / Psychology or similar. Call requires that this degree has to be posterior to january 2015 and be from a non-spanish university.
(2) have strong analytical and computational skills [e.g. statistics / machine learning / matlab / python].
(3) have genuine interest in biological vision and in participating in psychophysical/physiological experiments to build models applicable in computer vision or image processing, and
(4) be able to communicate in english.
Candidates may hold a master degree (some postgraduate experience). Master is preferable but not a mandatory condition.

We offer a multidisciplinary atmosphere (regular meetings on machine learning and visual perception with other PhD students) and international contacts with possibility of frequent travels for cooperation with other experimental/theoretical labs. The succesful candidate will have the possibility of obtaining a PhD with several high-impact publications.

Work will start by september 2019 (i.e. eventual visa issues should be solved before hand!).

How to apply: Candidates should [a] write a 1 page statement connecting their previous work (or studies) with our previous work ( see general context in http://isp.uv.es/exchatedra.html or, more specifically, a recent publication from our lab such as https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0201326 ); and [b] send complete CV and the 1 page statement to jesus.malo at uv.es