[visionlist] Professor (W2) in Scientific Methods I: Experimental and Neuroscientific Psychology

Stefan Pollmann stefan.pollmann at ovgu.de
Thu Apr 4 07:39:29 -04 2019

Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg seeks a Professor (W2) in
Scientific Methods I: Experimental and Neuroscientific Psychology. The
professorship is affiliated with the Institute of Psychology of the
University of Magdeburg andwill be integrated into the vibrant
neuroscience community of Magdeburg, consisting of the neuroscientific
departments of the Otto-von-Guericke-University, the Leibniz Institute
of Neurobiology and the Magdeburg branch of the German Center for
Neurodegenerative Diseases, which interact in the Center for Brain and
Behavioral Sciences (www.cbbs.eu). Candidates will have a research focus
in human cognitive or systemic neuroscience using and developing
advanced computational methods. We are interested in neuroimaging
analysis methods based on artificial intelligence algorithms or
computational modelling of neural data on a systemic level. Candidates
with a proven ability for methods development are particularly welcome
to apply. We are looking for a personality with outstanding scientific
achievements and third-party funding. The future job holder is expected
to engage with and integrate into the neuroscience community in
Magdeburg, as well as to participate in existing or planned research
networks, in particular the SFB779 "Neurobiology of motivated
behaviour". Candidates need to be able to maintain and further develop
the compute cluster of the institute and the CBBS-Imaging-Platform.
Teaching requirements include German and English language courses in the
bachelor and master programs in psychology. Courses cover experimental
design and analysis, uni-and multivariate statistics and human
neuroimaging methods. To apply, please consult the official job ad at:
http://www.ovgu.de/unimagdeburg_media/Stellenausschreibungen/2019/Professuren/W2_Prof_MethodenlehreI_FNW_Speck_Stellenausschreibung_englisch.pdf