[visionlist] Space-related Research Opportunities at the Centre for Vision Research, Toronto

Laurence Roy Harris harris at yorku.ca
Tue May 7 07:28:10 -04 2019

Research Opportunities at the Centre for Vision Research, York University, Toronto

[cid:part1.F8AA5C99.0EA42A18 at yorku.ca]

Laurence Harris, Michael Jenkin and Robert Allison

We have post-doctoral positions available to work on the VECTION project sponsored by the Canadian Space Agency starting as soon as possible. The project is already well underway, runs until 2022 and investigates the perception of self-motion in space. Further details of the project can be found here: [NASA<https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/news/human_senses_in_space>] [CSA<http://www.asc-csa.gc.ca/eng/sciences/vection.asp>]. Successful applicants will be involved in testing astronauts at JSC in Houston, and remotely monitoring experiments carried out on orbit. You will also be expected to carry out independent research in related areas with access to York University facilities such as a room built on its side, a tumbling room, a sphere room, large field display<https://www.yorku.ca/harris/cfi_picks.html>, virtual reality and a MOOG motion platform.

We are seeking individuals with a background in the perception of self-motion, orientation or other aspects of vestibular psychophysics.

Laurence and Rob will be at VSS and would be happy to meet and discuss the positions further. Please contact us at harris at yorku.ca<mailto:harris at yorku.ca> with a copy of your CV and the contact details of two referees.

We are part of the Centre for Vision Research, a major interdisciplinary vision research centre http://cvr.yorku.ca/<http://www.cvr.yorku.ca/>, with additional funding opportunities through our Canada First Research Excellence Fund  http://vista.info.yorku.ca/

Laurence, Rob and Michael