[visionlist] Phd/Postdoc positions in visual perception research in Berlin, Germany

Marianne Maertens marianne.maertens at tu-berlin.de
Wed May 8 09:39:33 -04 2019

Dear colleagues,

two PhD/postdoc positions are available in the Computational Psychology lab
at Technische Universität Berlin. Our research involves the psychophysical
characterization of what are  called low-level and mid-level perceptual
processes (e.g. https://jov.arvojournals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2616290)
combined with computational modelling of the experimental data (e.g.
https://jov.arvojournals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2451204).

The ideal candidate would be a psychophysicist with a genuine interest in
visual perception research. The applicant needs to have a degree in
Cognitive Science or Psychology or in  any related discipline. Programming
skills (preferably in python or R) are required for the development of
experimental and data analysis software. Above all, we are looking for an
enthusiastic individual who is willing and able to learn the skills that
are needed to answer the questions we will be asking. Positions will be at
the Phd or postdoctoral level depending on the qualification of the
applicant.

Starting date is flexible. Candidates should send an email to
marianne.maertens at tu-berlin.de with:

1) subject line containing the string "PhD/postdoc-2019"
1) body explaining why you are interested in this position (no more than 1
page)
2) contact information for at least 2 referees
3) CV

Deadline is 31/06, but applications will be considered until the positions
are filled.

I will be at VSS in St Pete Beach in about a week from now and would be
happy to meet with potential candidates there. Please send me an email if
you are interested.

Kind regards,
Marianne Maertens

--