[visionlist] Research Fellow in MRI: A new vacancy at Royal Holloway

Ramnani, N N.Ramnani at rhul.ac.uk
Fri May 24 03:04:32 -04 2019

Dear All,

Applications are invited for the post of Research Fellow in MRI, in the Department of Psychology, Royal Holloway, University of London. This post represents part of a major programme of investment into our MRI research portfolio. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving forward methods capability in the MRI unit, retaining an in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of advanced neuroimaging methods, and supporting users in the design and analysis of (f)MRI studies. S/he may also make a limited contribution to MRI methods teaching and supervision of advanced student projects.

We invite applications that demonstrate strong knowledge of advanced (f)MRI methods and their use in answering psychological questions. Applicants should have a very strong research background in (f)MRI design and analysis, and must demonstrate the ability to publish this research in internationally-leading journals. Strong team-working and communication skills are also essential.

We offer a dynamic and supportive environment, in an internationally recognized department that ranks among the best in the United Kingdom for research (6th in REF 2014) and teaching (6th in NSS 2015). We offer a host of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, including our highly-respected DClinPsy programme, and strive for excellence in all that we do. Information about our existing research and teaching programmes can be found at http://www.rhul.ac.uk/psychology/home.aspx.

The Department has excellent facilities for undertaking research in a broad range of areas, with state-of-the-art facilities available, such as MRI, EEG, TMS, eye trackers, a new VR lab, cognitive behavioural testing suites, social, clinical, and infant observation labs. It also has strong links with external organisations including hospitals, schools, as well as government, industrial, and charity organisations.

Full details including application instructions can be found at https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BSK943/research-fellow-in-mri

Please get in touch if you have questions.

Kind regards,
Narender Ramnani

Professor of Neuroscience