[visionlist] [job] Senior Engineering Technologist, Dell EMC CTO Advanced Research team (Shanghai, China)
Zhen.Jia at dell.com
Zhen.Jia at dell.com
Sat May 25 22:30:31 -04 2019
Job Description - Senior Engineering Technologist
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day.
Working in the CTO Advanced Research team is fast paced and exciting. We work collaboratively with our global peers in the CTO office, with our product development organizations, and with customers, partners, and vendors. We strive to understand new technologies as they emerge in the industry, create exemplary proof of concepts demonstrating the potential of these technologies, and innovate example product use cases that inform Dell product roadmaps and influence customer perceptions.
Work/life balance is important to you.
Conducts independent research in one or more technology areas, with specific focus on advanced software programs and algorithms, to help broaden Dell EMC's intellectual property portfolio, advance our technology leadership, and influence future product roadmaps. Main duties will include creating functional proof-of-concepts that demonstrate the results of research conducted, along with white papers and/or presentations that outline the innovation of the research.
Research projects will span multiple technological areas, including but not limited to cloud-native infrastructure, machine learning, advanced data protection techniques, containers, microservices, open source, intelligent hardware architecture, network and other emerging technologies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Conduct analyses of technology trends to understand impact on Dell EMC
* Communicate with senior management as requested
* Provide support on technical issues to business organizations
* Deliver technically-focused presentations to internal and external audiences
* Collaborate with university partners and with other companies to expand the company's knowledge of emerging results in these areas
* Leading technical projects, architecture, research, and implementation of new technologies
* Participate in CTO Forums as requested
* Demonstrated history of innovation
* Strong programming and debugging skills in one of the following languages such as Java, Python, C++.
* Research experiences in one or more of the following areas:
* Cloud native applications, micro-services, multi-cloud
* Machine learning/AI for infrastructure reliability, scalability, security, & consistent performance
* Advanced hardware, novel heterogeneous infrastructure, serverless environment
* Software and network security, data protection
* Novel network and dynamic network technologies, IoT edge architecture leveraging 5G
* Understanding of business environment
* Communication skills
* Cross-Functional/Team-work skills
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
* Ability to independently deliver from idea through design to code completion for proof of concepts
* Fast learner, can work independently
* Appropriate understanding of computer architecture
Education: Masters and above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Applied Math or equivalent with 3~5 years' experience, PhDs preferred.
Please send your CVs to Zhen.Jia at dell.com<mailto:Zhen.Jia at dell.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist