[visionlist] CfP VAIE at BMVC: Visual Artificial Intelligence and Entrepreneurship
alef.tau at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 13:29:35 -04 2019
*BMVC 2019 Workshop on Visual Artificial Intelligence and Entrepreneurship
*Venue*: University of Cardiff
Paper submission, July 1st
Author Notification, August 1st
Camera-Ready, August 11th
Workshop, September 12th
We use the same formatting template as BMVC 2019 and we seek two kinds of
submissions (through https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/VAIE2019):
· Full papers of new contributions (maximum 8 pages NOT including
· Short position papers or industrial case studies (maximum 4 pages
NOT including references).
Global spending on AI technology is expected to reach $57 billion by 2021.
An increase of 4.5 times over the funds invested in 2017, as diverse
industries are investing aggressively in projects that utilize cognitive/AI
software capabilities. Machine vision (visual AI) is expected to account
for at least a quarter of that spending.
The 1st Workshop on Visual AI and Entrepreneurship (VAIE) of BMVC 2019 aims
to bring together researchers and industry practitioners in the domain of
visual AI (computer vision) and provide a forum to present and discuss
research done with, for and by industry, with preference given to the
efforts focused on startups, SMEs and innovation activities within larger
As such, the topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
· Visual Artificial Intelligence research done by startups, SMEs and
· Industrial case studies and position papers focusing on
applications of visual AI within startups, SMEs and industrial systems.
· Demos of systems and prototypes based on visual artificial
· Statistics and machine learning for vision and multimedia
· Research studies on all the topics of interest to the BMVC itself,
provided that a clear link between the research study and a startup, SME or
industrial entity can be demonstrated in the camera-ready paper.
Duba, Graham and Nicu.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist