[visionlist] New Dataset: Privacy-Preserving Visual Recognition

Haotao Wang htwang at tamu.edu
Sat Jun 15 20:22:55 -04 2019

Dear Community,

We have recently introduced PA-HMDB51 (https://github.com/htwang14/PA-HMDB51),
the very first human action video dataset with potential privacy leak
attributes annotated. This dataset is collected and maintained by the VITA
group at the CSE department of Texas A&M University.

The dataset contains 592 videos selected from the HMDB51 dataset [2]. For
each video, we provide with frame-level annotation of five privacy
attributes: skin color, gender, face, nudity, and relationship. The
annotations are all provided in JSON format. Visualized examples can be
found in the attachment.

The dataset aims to support and promote research on protecting visual
privacy information in smart camera-based applications. A manuscript [1]
introduces the dataset and related algorithms that we have developed for
this topic.

We hope you will find this dataset useful,

Haotao Wang,
Texas A&M University

Reference
[1] H. Wang, Z. Wu, Z. Wang, Z. Wang, and H. Jin, “Privacy-Preserving Deep
Visual Recognition: An Adversarial Learning Framework and A New Dataset”,
arXiv preprint arXiv:1906.05675, 2019