[visionlist] Postdoc and RA/technical positions in primate imaging and neurophysiology (Krug) (PLEASE POST)
andrew.parker at dpag.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 17 03:12:38 -04 2019
Professor Kristine Krug's research group (Otto-von-Guericke-University & Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, Magdeburg, Germany) is recruiting 3 postdoctoral scientists and 2 Research Assistants/Technicians to work on the neural circuits underlying perceptual decisions in non-human primates. Posts are funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), the University of Magdeburg and EFRE/Leibniz-Institute Magdeburg as part of the newly established Heisenberg-Professorship in Sensory Physiology for Kristine Krug.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who want to investigate the neural circuits and dynamics of perceptual decisions about complex, changing visual input in primates. Available techniques include highfield 7T MRT (combined with neurophysiological recording and stimulation), high-dimensional neuronal recordings, causal intervention methods (including micro-stimulation & trans-cranial ultrasound), computational approaches, and modern histological techniques. The scientific working language is English (group, scientific talks, teaching).
Contracts are initially for 3 years, but two postdoc positions (LIN 2019/SenPhy01 & 171/2019) and both RA/technician posts are long-term funded and potentially renewable (subject to review).
Magdeburg is a vibrant university city on the river Elbe, which was founded in 805. It offers a wide range of cultural activities and an international student community with a Masters in Neuroscience taught entirely in English. The Otto-von-Guericke-University has a strong focus on natural sciences, engineering and medicine and benefits from close links with Max-Planck-, Leibniz-, Helmholtz- and Fraunhofer-Institutes in the city. Magdeburg was the first European site to routinely operate ultra-high field MR in brain imaging (7T since 2004) and co-coordinates both the European and the German networks for ultra-high field imaging (EUFIND and GUFI). Magdeburg is a development partner for MRI of Siemens / Healthineers and its functional imaging facilities are perhaps the most extensive in Europe (7T MRI, five 3T MRI, SPECT, MR-PET, exclusively for research), including in Germany unique facilities for primate research at high field MRI. Magdeburg is the state capital of Sachsen-Anhalt and lies about 90 minutes travelling time west of Berlin. It is also within easy reach of Hannover, Goettingen, Leipzig and Prague. Quality of life is high, cost of living low.
For informal enquiries, please contact either Frau Bianka Gehe (bianka.gehe at ovgu.de<mailto:bianka.gehe at ovgu.de>) or Prof Kristine Krug (kristine.krug at ovgu.de<mailto:kristine.krug at ovgu.de>); for current research profile see Kristine Krug's Oxford website www.dpag.ox.ac.uk/research/krug-group<http://www.dpag.ox.ac.uk/research/krug-group>.
Further details about the positions can be found here:
Three Postdocs (TVL-13; ca. € 4000-5500 monthly pre-tax dependent on qualifications and experience):
1. LIN 2019/SenPhy01: https://cloud.lin-magdeburg.de/s/nyEtJzwG8Tt4Cm3#pdfviewer
2. 171/2019: https://www.uni-magdeburg.de/unimagdeburg_media/Stellenausschreibungen/2019/Wiss_+Personal/171_2019_Postdoctoral+Scientist_HH_FNW_Krug_Stellenausschreibung-p-70814.pdf
3. 170/2019: https://www.uni-magdeburg.de/unimagdeburg_media/Stellenausschreibungen/2019/Wiss_+Personal/170_2019_Postdoctoral+Scientist_DFG_FNW_Krug_Stellenausschreibung-p-70812.pdf
Two Research Assistants/Technicians (TVL 7-8; ca. € 2500-3300 monthly pre-tax dependent on qualifications and experience)
1. English: https://www.uni-magdeburg.de/unimagdeburg_media/Stellenausschreibungen/2019/Nichtwiss_+Personal/172_2019_Techn_Assistenz_FNW_Krug_Stellenusschreibung_englisch-p-70818.pdf. German: https://www.uni-magdeburg.de/unimagdeburg_media/Stellenausschreibungen/2019/Nichtwiss_+Personal/172_2019_Techn_Assistenz_FNW_Krug_Stellenusschreibung-p-70816.pdf
2. Another post, specifically to support the MRT experiments and computational requirements about to be advertised on: https://www.lin-magdeburg.org/career/vacancies
Prof Kristine Krug MA DPhil FRSB
Heisenberg Professor & Chair in Sensory Physiology
Institute of Biology, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität & Leibniz-Institute for Neurobiology
39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Associate Professor of Neuroscience
Department of Physiology, Anatomy & Genetics
Oxford OX1 3PT, United Kingdom
phone +44 1865 272541
email kristine.krug at ovgu.de<mailto:kristine.krug at ovgu.de>
email kristine.krug at dpag.ox.ac.uk<mailto:kristine.krug at dpag.ox.ac.uk>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist