[visionlist] Chief Technology Officer (CTO) vacancy in Berlin-based vision care startup

hamed bahmani hbahmani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 06:01:50 -04 2019

*Dopavision GmbH* is a digital-health startup based in Berlin with the
mission to disrupt vision care with digital solutions. We are backed with
venture capital and a research and development grant from the German
Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). We are developing a
digital solution for myopia control which can take the form of a smartphone
app or an application for a virtual or augmented reality device, as well as
smart glasses. We have completed proof-of-concept studies and are moving
into pre-clinical investigations and technology development. We are a team
of 4 experienced scientists and startup entrepreneurs and supported by
renowned scientific advisors and strategic industry partners.

We are now looking for a *Chief Technology Officer (CTO) *to join the
leadership team and advance our product and technology strategy. If you are
passionate about digital health and cutting-edge technologies and enjoy
working in an early-stage startup where you can combine your strategic
thinking with your hands-on mentality to develop a great consumer product,
then we would like to get to know you!

*Your Responsibilitie**s*

·       Develop our technology strategy to build a medical device which
will be clinically validated and comply with medical device regulations

·       Decide on the overall company strategy as a member of the
leadership team

·       Define and implement the hardware platform, software
platform/technology stack and the systems infrastructure for our product

·       Lead the development of our application: Prototypes for different
stages of experiments, and the final product

·       Build and lead your team of top-of-the-field developers and IT
experts

·       Manage our product development and IT budget, and relations with
external providers

·       Implement necessary processes for a digital medical device
development setup: ISO-certification for quality management, technical
documentation, and data protection

·       Work closely with our regulatory and clinical investigations team
to successfully conduct clinical investigations, and apply for regulatory
approval, risk management evaluations etc.

·       Communicate the technology strategy to partners and investors

*Your Qualifications*

·       Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role in digital
technology companies

·       Considerable years of experience in developing technology in a
medically regulated context, ideally in a pharmaceutical, medical device or
optics company

·       Knowledge on current digital technology trends, e.g., VR/AR/MR, eye
tracking technology, smart wearables, digital displays

·       Track record of building successful consumer digital products,
e.g., web applications, games, apps or similar

·       Experience with mobile native development frameworks

·       Understanding of budgets and business-planning

·       Experience with German/international data protection requirements

·       Excellent communication skills and fluent in English; German is a
plus

·       Proven to be an inspiring leader to people and teams

·       Strategic thinking and excellent problem-solving skills

·       BSc/BA or higher in Computer Science, Biomedical Science,
Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a
plus

*What we offer*

·       Competitive base salary plus equity

·       You build the team with us and define the way our company will work
– as employee number 5

·       Shape the future of digital medicine and address an unmet medical
need that affects billions of people worldwide

·       Develop a product used as a real medical treatment that can change
thousands of lives

·       Build a great, fast-learning organization with us, with a flat
hierarchy and direct communication

·       Access to our network of peers and partners who are shaping the
Berlin ecosystem of digital health

·       Offices in Mindspace, the coolest co-working space in the heart of
Berlin (at least in our opinion) with free yoga classes, coffee and happy
hours on the terrace

Sounds like your next adventure? Apply online at
http://www.dopavision.com/career-cto.html – we’re looking forward to
getting to know you! Not sure? Still take a moment to reach out to get to
know us or ask your questions: jobs at dopavision.com

*Location:*

Berlin

*Position:*

Full-time

Best regards,

Dr. Hamed Bahmani

Founder and Managing Director, Dopavision GmbH